LOGistICAL - Sublime Logistical Strategy Puzzling

Did you know you can pause trucks? So just before your massive trucks take their full load into a place, pause them! Press the power button on the dashboard.

Nice find! I’ve been shuffling them between different destinations to get the timing right.

It turns out my money was all still there; the game just displayed $75k at startup for some weird reason.

Mining trains drive on only the very largest highways. I think that if you build a max-level car yard on the highway close to Melbourne, and then have two mining trains load it while a bunch of dump trucks shuttle to Melbourne, it’ll work. I can’t imagine how else to solve it.

Yeah, it always takes my game a little while to update my money as well. This game is quirky.

Melbourne done.

While preparing the neighbors for bike depots, it hit me that it would be a lot easier to just produce the bikes locally instead. A single large bike factory was enough, once upgraded, to keep the supply with 8-10 dump trucks.

Adelaide up next. This game is really addictive :-)

I dunno if y’all know how happy it makes me that y’all are playing and mostly enjoying it.

Each region has a separate bank balance. So it’s possibly the amount in the bank of the tutorial island?

Why not make yourself happy by also playing?!

For a spell I was just low on time, so I was finally able to play a bit last night. Felt great.

So I used to love setting up production chains in the old Railroad Tycoon games. Does this game scratch that sort of itch, or is it heavily abstracted?

You can’t set up chains or route or anything. It’s a different sort of game, but it’s also very similar. So it might scratch that itch?

I appreciate how useless this post is.

You do set up production chains, you just have to manually maintain each link. Like, if you’re going to build cars, the car factory needs tires, and the tire factory needs steel and rubber, and the steel mill needs iron ore. Eventually you’ll upgrade the factories to a level where they rarely need to have their inputs topped off, and start storing intermediate products in warehouses.

Yeah, my mining-truck theory about Melbourne is full of hooey. I finally bought a mining truck in Cloncurry today, and the only place it can go is the nearby Mount Isa, which coincidentally is the terminus of a broken road requiring 2000t of asphalt to fix. Presumably once that road is fixed there will be other places in the north that this can go. It’s a freaking behemoth. It takes forever to load. I think it’s only marginally faster than using an articulated truck on that road, even though the articulated truck only carries 20t instead of 200t.

I made a stab at Sydney today. (Sydney’s simple: it wants 422t of coffee.) I built a coffee plantation in Wilton, which was as close to Sydney as I could get, and a bottle shop in Lilyfield, which is two stops along the road from Sydney. Loaded Lilyfield up with 540t of coffee. Launched three articulated trucks and three dump trucks and watched Sydney drink the coffee so fast that 540t wasn’t nearly enough. I think I might have gotten it into the yellow if I hadn’t pulled the plug on the operation when I had 150t left in Lilyfield.

So I’m building and upgrading another bottle shop at Milsons Point, just north of Sydney. I think that with 1080t of coffee nearby, I should be able to get it done.

Also very close to having 100% of Central Sydney upgraded to level 3. And I finally found bananas, though they’re on Mars.

The game is currently 30% off (including DLC’s). So i went ahead and tried to purchase it since Brian is so positive about it. Also since i live in The Netherlands i included the Netherlands DLC in the purchase. Paid 10.48 euro’s, got an email from my bank with the receipt, but my purchase still is not available for downloading… :(
Guess it’s the rush on the servers. Can i contact customer service for this or should i wait for say 12 hours? I really wanted to try this game and it scratches my itch for puzzles.

Their servers are getting slammed right now, I can’t even load any product page.

Oh, and of course thank you for buying it. :)

So much for Sydney. In retrospect I think I could have done it with a single bottle shop in Lilyfields, kept supplied from Liverpool by articulated trucks while the dump trucks rushed Sydney.

It’s nice getting all three 100% achievements for a region at the same time.

Nevermind, my purchase was just visible in my game list.

What happens if you ship directly from Wilton to Sydney? Level 3 facilities seem to pump out production at an insane rate, and seem to consume few supplies whilst doing so. Whilst you might need more than 540t coffee to finish Sydney, at least you’ll have an near-infinite supply to push into it!

(edit: I’m at work right now so I can’t check how close Wilton to Sydney is. All of this hinges on it being only a few stops away, and not 50 like the 2 other coffee plantations are)

Well, I picked this up last night. Didn’t get to play much, but am definitely enjoying it.

Wilton is on the road past Wollongong, pretty far south of Liverpool. It’s quite a bit closer than Maclean, but then so is Melbourne. There are very few legal places to build coffee plantations, it turns out, and by a funny coincidence none of them are near Sydney.

I’ve got a bunch of Western Sydney industries to upgrade to level 3, but then I’ll have 100% of Sydney finished, after about 55-60 hours of play.

So, are you supposed to be able to buy trucks when you finish the tutorial? Because I can’t find the interface for that.

Once you finish the tutorial, you move to Australia, where there should be one truck waiting for you. You should sell the trucks from the tutorial island.