LOGistICAL - Sublime Logistical Strategy Puzzling

Since I’m no longer the only one around here playing this game, I figured I’d create a thread about it. Welcome to the amazingness that is…LOGistICAL.

It’s…not the easiest game to explain, but I’ll try.

The base game includes Australia. All of it. But you begin in a small section of it surrounded by a bunch of towns. All of these towns are essentially small puzzles that need to be completed in order for you to gain money to buy more trucks to move more things to solve more towns.

Each town has its own requirement, such as fish or lettuce or nails or whatever. You use trucks to bring those items from other towns that produce those things. The industries in these towns can also be upgraded to store more materials and gather resources faster. So you have puzzles within puzzles.

Some towns can’t be accessed until you fix their roads, which can be done by hauling gravel or, eventually, asphalt.

All of these things need to be hauled by trucks, of which there are several different types with different states of wear and tear that affect their performance.

The beauty of all this, besides the relaxing and engaging gameplay, is that there’s no timer or anything. This can all be done at your own pace, in any order you want. While there are contracts to complete that give you focus and bonuses, these can also be completely ignored if you wish.

It’s not the easiest game to explain, maybe these tutorials will do a better job.

That said, this game is wonderful. It’s a great game to just pull back, relax with a podcast, and solve a few towns. The game autosaves to the cloud every ten seconds, and you can have multiple saves, so if you want to have a save for Australia and a save for The Netherlands DLC (multiple states and countries are coming as DLC), you can do that too.

It’s seriously so, so great, so I’ve been trying to tell folks about it. :) The base game is $10, and totally worth it, as you get a couple of thousand towns right off the bat. Also, if you’re an achievement hunter, the game currently has about 5,000 achievements, one for every town and road completed. It’s crazy.

So yeah, love this game and wanna scream about it from the mountaintop. ;) Thanks for the opportunity.

I’ve tried watching videos of this, and it looks…well…awful. Since everyone that plays it seems to love it, it just must not represent well in that format. And yet, 9 times out of 10, when I think I’m not sure I’m going to like something, I don’t.

Agreed, Brian’s description made it sound like something I would love, but then I watch that video (which doesn’t have sound for some reason), and I am not so sure.

To be clear, I’ve seen a number of other people shovel praise on it. And I’ve watched videos from several different people. Didn’t help.

Yeah, I’ve been hesitant to make a vid because I’m not sure it’d be fun to watch, but would y’all like one? I can do the tutorial and record that.

I’d watch it. I’ve been on the fence with this. Looks up my alley but I’m not sure.

I love the basic concept, but dear God the interface is painful. I’ll probably go back to it at some point, but to be honest, I’d probably be better off picking up Production Line.

Placed the game on my wishlist and I will wait to see what the summer Steam sale brings forth (since I see bundles available for varying amounts of DLC).

Alright friends, I have a little extra time today, so here we go:

Welp, I hope that helped a bit.

Does it still present a challenge without having any time constraint?

Oh sure, each town has a different requirement for solving it, and sometimes you need to upgrade an industry in another town before you can solve that one, for example.

Thanks for making that Brian, it helped and I’ll probably pick it up at some point. It seems interesting, but maybe a bit too casual. Might be decent to play on days that I work from home.

Yaaaaaayyy!

I’m a little disappointed you aren’t making spaceship noises the whole time you’re playing it.

Man, if the dev made a space version of this I’d be over the moon. It’d be the closest thing to the Space Bucks follow-up I’ve been wanting since playing they game.

They could call it Startopiacal!

Just started playing and finished “Tute” island. It appears to be a separate place from the Sydney area, with it’s own cash reserves etc. Should I sell the trucks there?

Yeah, sell the trucks from the tutorial island, they’re not needed.

And yay for playing it! I hope you’re enjoying it!

Looks like you need to upgrade an industry to Level 3, before you are able to build that industry for yourself?