Loki - The god of mischief on Disney+

Serialize. Most definitely. That’s their thing. They are trying to fight people dropping their service and then resubbing a few months later to catch up by making sure there is a new episode of some Disney + show weekly with as few gaps as they can manage. They want their customers choked up with FOMO anxiety.

Thanks. I guess what I’ll do is wait until they’ve dropped all the episodes and then get it and binge for a month or two. There are a few other shows I’m interested in.

Solid plan. Exactly what I intended to do, but my wife is exactly the sort of person that their FOMO anxiety works on so I’m not allowed to unsub ever.

I was hoping they’d have Loki go speed dating (no really, that happened in a particularly fun rendition of the comic), but the chemistry between Tom Hiddleston & Owen Wilson is so great that I no longer care!

Our kids watch a ton of Disney stuff anyway, and I never know when I might want to easily stream a Marvel or Star Wars flick, so we’re unlikely to unsub anytime soon.

That said, I really like the weekly Marvel episode drops.

Somehow I’ve developed nearly endless patience with TV stuff. I love The Expanse but I’ve yet to watch the latest season. I still have the last two episodes in Cobra Kai season 2 to watch. Mostly it’s because I tend to watch whatever the GF wants to watch, which is why I’m watching Anne with an E now.

On the upside, now season 3 is out!

I am so in on the weekly episode drops, here and on Amazon for their prestige stuff.

I was hesitant to sign up for the $141/3 year D23 Disney+ deal before the service launched. Feeling really good about the investment now.

Hope this is as much fun as it looks like it could be. Rewatching the MCU movies at the moment with my sons, and it just reminds me that what really makes the MCU fun is… that it is fun. The socio-realistic, serious stuff… not so much. It never really gets better than paper-thin, and while it serves as the window-dressing to provide Stark, Cap, and the rest some motivation, you really, really don’t want to dig into any of that very deeply.

More fun, please.

This show will finally get me to sub to Disney +.

Lotta good stuff there waiting for you, too.

But I get it. When they first announced them all, this was the one that had me most excited.

Some dynamite stuff along the way, too, though.

Wow. Just - wow.

I loved Wandavision. Liked Falcon & Winter Soldier a lot. This may blow them both away. Even as ‘slow’ as the first episode was, I thought it was fantastic. And I did not see that ending coming (well, not the ‘ending’, but the big reveal before the ending).

Just - wow.

Or you could not tell us about that thing you did not see coming (or spoiler it), vague as it is, so we can be surprised too.

The Wow is encouraging though.

I thought it was vague enough. I didn’t think it would be a surprise that there would be a reveal at the end of the episode. That’s par for the course for all of the MCU Disney+ series so far. That being said, if others want me to hide it, I will. I just didn’t think it was needed.

Edit: In fact, I think I was even more vague than the non-spoilery reviews I read.

I laughed out loud when the evidence booking guy openend the drawer and Loki saw what was inside.

I get some people are sensitive to spoilers, but this is rather extreme.

Saying you were surprised by something in the show hardly can be considered a spoiler.

It’s a Marvel show on Disney; I feel it’s safe to assume twists will happen. Avoiding sharing the what, when and where is probably best, but generic “great/mediocre/stupid twist” comments are fine.