LOMAC manual

I’ve got the PDF version that he’s selling for $15. As far as I’m concerned it was $15 well spent, but I’d be miffed if I’d spent double that for it. The deal is that the first 1/2 of the book is the same manual that shipped with the game, and the second is a walkthrough of the training missions with some tips. Also, there’s what I’d call “filler fluff” like a glossary and aircraft recognition chart. I remember all the Janes games used to have pages of line drawings of aircraft and tanks in the back - interesting, but not something I need to fly the game.

I’m getting a LOT more use from the Andy Bush articles on Sim HQ.

Have the comments from the readme been incorporated into the first half of the manual in this version?

There’s no sin in not getting it right before it’s time to ship–God knows that’s hard enough to pull off. But if they’re going to turn around and sell the same manual after release, it’s just a real rip if those things haven’t been updated.

Have the comments from the readme been incorporated into the first half of the manual in this version?

There’s no sin in not getting it right before it’s time to ship–God knows that’s hard enough to pull off. But if they’re going to turn around and sell the same manual after release, it’s just a real rip if those things haven’t been updated.[/quote]

I ordered the new manual. I’ll let you know when I get it…

Thanks Simpilot! I would probably go for the pdf for sure, but only if it’s been updated.

I have ordered the new manual too. It will be nice to have a professionally produced manual even if it is basically the same PDF file that ships with the game.

I got my notice that it’ll be mailed on the 16th. I’ll let you know after that…

I am surprised that, not necissarily here, but in the newsgroups and such that requests haven’t been flooded for copies of the PDF extended manual.

Goes to show you… :wink: