Long Hair Freaky People

I know this are far more recent, but you totally look like you walked out of the heavy metal parking lot. I mean that in the best way possible.

http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/1439/PreviewComp/SuperStock_1439R-1080812.jpg

It’s actually very difficult to get a good self portait head shot with hat. But it is a good idea to document the silliness for posterity. I will get my daughter to help me tomorrow night.

This shot has the fedora, but it hides the glory of the long hair.

Never… again. I would post photos, but I call that my “Fat Woman” phase of my life, and I would prefer for all evidence from that era to be burned.

While reading this thread “shot through the heart” by Bon jovi just came on.

I used to have my hair long at Uni, largely because I was too cheap and lazy to ever have it cut. It got to the point below where I could chew on my fringe, which was never a great call really. Now it’s just in the choppy indie-bob beloved of fucking annoying hipsters everywhere.

I’m generally of the opinion that long hair on guys is way more trouble than it’s worth, since the perfect storm of maintenance/wear/style/ambient temperature and humidity it requires to actually look halfway decent arrives practically never, particularly here in blighty. And even if it does look good, you still look like you should be gracing the front cover of Metal Hammer.

Also, if you’re wearing a fedora, you’re doing it wrong.

I probably shouldn’t share chewyfringecut, but for giggles:

I had really long hair in university, about halfway down my back. I started growing it because my Dad was a barber, so all during my childhood and high school I never paid for a haircut. Even now, the idea of going to a stranger to get my hair cut sort of skeeves me out.

A couple of years back I started growing it long again, because why the hell not. I work at a non-profit, so everybody’s used to bad hippie hair. Some people hit their mid-life crisis and get a convertible and a trophy wife; I went the long-hair and guitar route.

I started growing my hair my freshman year in college. It wasn’t until nearly a decade later that I decided to cut it again – mainly because I was interviewing for jobs in the financial sector in NYC. I’ve recently, in the last few years, begun growing it again. Right now it’s just below my shoulderblades, or what I call “Rattle and Hum” length.

My problems are just like yours: I hate caring for it, but I like how it looks…most of the time. You can’t just get up in the morning, throw on some clothes, and walk out the door. I also hate the flippy bits…where it hits my shoulder, over the ears, etc.

On the other hand, I look too much like my father to appreciate how I look with short hair.

No, that’s definitely not a mullet–I don’t think you understand what one is: short and spikey in front, long in back. Like this:

Almost a mullet:

If it wasn’t such a coif and obviously blowdried, it’d almost be a Floridian mane, I’d say.

The gooniest. It really does bear repeating that no man under 60 looks cool in a fedora in this day and age. You may think you look like Indiana Jones or Humphrey Bogart, but everyone else just thinks you look like a dork who thinks he looks like Indiana Jones or Humphrey Bogart. The government should put out PSAs about it or something to spare the next generation from the Fedora Delusion.

They really should. No matter how dapper you think you look, if I see you in a fedora, in my mind, you’re an IT admin with a fine collection of swords at home, all mounted on the wall, waiting to get home to ask the internet why the girls don’t want to snuggle you, is it maybe all the swords?

Heath looks great in his fedora.

During this year’s Oscasrs, I saw a picture of another leading man who looked absolutely striking in a fedora. I don’t think it was Mr Ledger, but I’m not sure who it was, and I can no longer find the photo on MSN.

I do agree that it’s a hard look to pull off, especially if you’re young.

If you were a scientist you could join the Luxuriant Flowing Hair Club for Scientists

But, but… I don’t even own a single sword!

If you are good looking enough everything looks good on you.

I disagree with you there. Go to any of the Hollywood sites, especially during Oscar season, and listen to them snipe all the beautiful people for fashion flubs, real or imagined.

My Mom beats me if she sees that my hair hasn’t been cut for over 3 weeks. By the way, I have vowed to get myself a Fedora.