Longhorn, aka Windows VISTA?

Jeezus, Microsoft needs to fire its marketing people.
http://www.activewin.com/articles/2005/WindowsVista.shtml

Oh yeah, corraboration comes from…
http://bink.nu/

As in “Asta La Vista customers”. I’m really not looking forward to the next Windows from things I’ve read.

It’s hard to believe that it’s taken them this long.

And I know that I plan to be very patient before installing longhorn on anything.

They should just keep Longhorn…

Why are the code names always better than the final release name? I’ve never understood this.

Rights management technologies and code access security help maintain user data privacy and application and system-level integrity. Next Generation Secure Computing Base (NGSCB), technologies such as Secure Startup utilizes trusted hardware components to further protect end-user data from unauthorized access and ensure system integrity.

Oh yes! Please protect me and keep me from accessing eeevil media! And keep out that untrusted Linux!

So, am I going to get anything good with this new Windows release or is it just more bend-over-and-take-it DRM bullshit? Still running Windows 2000 here.

Win2k = best version they ever did. Been downhill before and since.

And DRM is your friend! It will protect you from eeeevil!!

Win2k = best version they ever did. Been downhill before and since.

How could it be downhill before the “best version”? Do you even know what “downhill” means?

Guido, let me 'splain to you. The last version before 2k was the total suckass
ME. The next was the Fisher-Price XP. Any questions?

And it’s official… .“Bringing clarity into your world.”
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/default.mspx

Why not call the damn thing “The Homer”…
I hate marketing people.

“Bringing Big Media control to OUR world.”

Vista… its latvian for chicken!

God, 2K fucking sucks in terms of interface. Feels so dated. Essentially hasn’t changed since 1995. Give me XP over that, anyday.

God, 2K fucking sucks in terms of interface. Feels so dated. Essentially hasn’t changed since 1995. Give me XP over that, anyday.[/quote]

Some people like Fisher-Price. And that’s ok. Let’s all hold hands and have a cookie!

I find it amazing that people even care about the OS interface. Maybe I’m missing a gene or something. Just run my applications and don’t spy on me, that’s all I ask.

What’s different about the XP interface anyway (besides some graphical flash)? I use it at work… seems basically the same idea.

I switched it back to Win 2k classic. The only change was the stupid ass start menu which really was shitty

Oh, yeah, the start menu. I switched that back. Bloaty crap.

God, 2K fucking sucks in terms of interface. Feels so dated. Essentially hasn’t changed since 1995. Give me XP over that, anyday.[/quote]

Some people like Fisher-Price. And that’s ok. Let’s all hold hands and have a cookie![/quote]

And some people like sucking cock, not that I’m dirctly accusing Midnight of anything.

Sorry, Wooly, I must reject your advances. I’m straight.

(Vista is a ghey name, though. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.)