Longtime PC Mouse + Keyboard FPS player on consoles: XIM4 adapter

Oh, yes, a gamepad is a perfectly effective control mechanism for shooters. But only when everyone is using one, because a mouse is simply more precise as an aiming tool.

It’s simply unfair to have mouse users compete with gamepad uses. When you watch videos of folks using the xim4, it’s incredibly obvious to anyone who has used both control schemes. You’ll see folks spin around 180 at max speed, and stop on a dime instantly to land a headshot.

What’s even more lame, is that since it’s on a console and designed for a gamepad, the game has aim assist, something that is not seen in PC games because the mouse is already so accurate. So you have folks using a mouse, while also benefiting from automatically assisted aiming, and the combination is ridiculous.

For folks curious about what this looks like in game, here you go.
XIM4 - Destiny 56 Kills Clash by Cronos (PS4): http://youtu.be/Ips9qF3CYpg

Guy goes 56 and 8, with like 40 headshots.

They gotta do some sophisticated authentication, especially for the XBox One. It ain’t plug and play.

Murbella - “Push back” means breaking 3rd party controllers in general, so…

Here is the XIM4 in my rat’s nest of a PC battle station. I think Wumpus’s will be more impressive but he’s a zillionaire:

You have 4 headphones?!? Reviews please. I only recognize the Sony playstation headphone.

Is that optimus prime?

Yes, it’s some anniversary figure release of the Revoltech Convoy/Prime a friend got me in Japan last year. I’m not one to keep them boxed but haven’t had time to pose it. There are actually 6 headphones and I have two more Elevation Labs “Anchor” headphone hooks coming so I can hang future headphones.

Behind the Benq gaming monitor, on its stand is an old Sony MDR-777LP from my MiniDisc days.
On the left, on an AudioTechnica headphone hanger hook are Panasonic RPC200W headphones for smartphones/portables.

Sony Gold wireless headset and wired Xbox One headset (bought on sale for the adapter for $39.99 when the adapter is $29.99 by itself) and on the right hook are Shure SRH440s (with 840 pads) using the Razer Surround software along with Corsair Vengeance 2000 USB 7.1 headsets.

Not shown are Panasonic RP-HX700 noise-canceling headphones that hae the old L connector making it a tight fit in smartphones these days.