Looking for a laptop game?

I just got my copy of Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI for the PC, and guess what the system requirements are?

CPU: 1 GHz Pentium III required, 1.7 GHz Pentium 4 recommended
Memory: 256 MB required, 512 MB recommended
Hard Disk: Approximately 2 GB free disk space
Video Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible, 32 MB VRAM required, 64 MB VRAM recommended
Display: 1024x768x16 bit required (supports arbitrary resolutions higher than that, can also run every resolution in a window)
And a DVD drive of course. (No-CD crack is already up on GCW.)

This game might even run on an Asus Eee PC! Well, except perhaps for the screen resolution. Nice efficient port. I guess they had to keep the system requirements low to reach Japanese customers and their underpowered hentai/Office PCs.

You might think you’re joking but you’re absolutely correct in that the requirements for Japanese PC games are ridiculous low so that Japanese salarymen can play it on their low-end (possibly work) PCs…and that H-games make up probably about 80% of all PC games developed in Japan :)

Wow, making games that people can run on the average home PC, and not targeting the miniscule percentage of obsessed gamers who are willing to shell out $2k+ for a “gaming rig?” These Japanese software developers are INSANE! What could they possibly be thinking?

I bet it will run on the wind or the EEE. Sweet.