Looking for pair monitors suitable for dual display

I’m looking for a pair of 23" to 24" VESA compatible monitors. They need to have HDMI and VGA so I can get a dual display from my laptop. I will be using these mostly for documents and email and staring at them for hours every day, so clarity for text is the most important criteria.

I am also looking for a dual monitor stand for these.

Anyone have a recommendation? Looking at Newegg, there is just an overwhelming number of displays to choose from.

ips or tn? samsung, acer and asus have minimal bezel models.

or dell: http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-24-inch-monitor/

I’ve had both low-end and high-end Dell monitors between home and work and I’ve had nothing but good experiences with them. But I’m also a big 16:10 fan, so I’m a bit biased. If I were setting up what you’ve described (including that hours-a-day use, so I’d be less likely to want to cheap out), I’d go for two of the U2415 monitors in @rei’s link.

I’ve seen the Asus MX279H 27" mentioned before in these threads and I have a pair for dual display. Slightly cheaper than and one size up from the Dell rei linked, but I’m not sure which is actually a better pick. (I’ve been very happy with them.)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B17C5KO

I’ve had a pair of the Asus ones too. They’re nice looking.

FYI, the Dell is 1920 x 1200 but those Asia ones are 1920 x 1080.

Dell Ultrasharps are great for dual monitor. Top notch stuff. Especially since you can swivel them into portrait mode.

You don’t fancy one ultrawide?

Unfortunately the Dell does not have a VGA input. The laptop I’ll be connecting to the monitors has one VGA and one HDMI output.

That Asus monitor looks nice, but it is too big. I see there is a smaller one in that product line. Is that one likely to be as good?

I do like the ultrawide monitors and own one. My wife prefers a bit more screen real estate and wants to go with two monitors.

Be wary of that. Many times using one will disable the other, not allowing dual display. Definitely check before assuming that.

As to your VGA/HDMI predicament though, if both ports can truly be used, you can get a VGA to HDMI adapter for about $10 off Amazon (or in-store somewhere.) Many new monitors no longer have VGA ports.

She has tested it, and the laptop definitely will drive both outputs for dual displays. I didn’t know what adapter existed. Great idea.

Get new cables that go DVI->VGA. They only cost about $8 each.

I got two Dells and they are awesome, but had to replace the cables to fit into a Switch

Update:

We ordered two of the highly recommended Dell U2415’s. They are very nice! Together they provide a massive amount of screen real estate. The one issue I have with them is the color/brightness does not match. I have had dual monitors before, and the color/brightness has always been close enough, provided the monitors were the same model. But in the case of these Dell monitors, I have to increase the brightness significantly on one in order to match the other monitor.

I have attached the factory calibration reports for the two monitors, although they’re pretty meaningless to me. The second report is the for the monitor which is has the dimmer display.

I’m hoping you have Windows 7 or 10. If so this will help:

In your search bar, just type, “calibrate.” It should bring up the calibrate display color control panel. You’ll need to follow along with that for both monitors.

If needed, you can also find monitor test pages here with a bit more detail to validate on each display.http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

There is also the Nvidia procedure to do the same thing:

Any particular reason not to go with the U2515 instead, other than cost? 1440p is really nice.

Yes I am running Windows 10. I didn’t know about the calibration control panel. Thanks!

Price, and the fact that the U2415 was heavily recommended. The 1200p is more than adequate for me.

I usually Google other people’s setting from avsforum or hard forum for a specific monitor or hdtv