Looking for places to eat in San Fran

Memphis Minnie’s on haight. Best BBQ ever.

For breakfast, you must go to Dottie’s True Blue Cafe. Divine.

When my wife and I want to go out for night together, and we’re both in the mood for Chinese food, we enjoy eating at Shanghai 1930. This place definitely has some class without excessive snobbery. Formal wear not required, but wouldn’t go in there in shorts and t-shirt either. Live jazz every night except Sunday. Great place to take the girlfriend/wife/significant other. Very walkable from the Embarcadero BART/Muni station.

Great experience overall, except the part where the jazz drummer winked at my wife and gave her the “call me” sign. I, sitting around a corner where he didn’t see me, stuck my head out and gave him the De Niro “I’m watching you, Focker” sign back. That promptly ended his shenanigans.

They’re CLOSED now. And Down Goes Shanghai 1930 - Eater SF

The only real problem with Shanghai 1930 was that the food wasn’t all that good.

I can handle the overly high price for Chinese food due to the ambiance and the admittedly great service, but I don’t want to feel like I’m getting worse food than the dumpling house down the street in Chinatown.