Looking for the cyberpunk in Cyberpunk 2077 [review]

Ah, I did not. What will you find if you jump to inaccessible areas?

Do you have examples of the lots of little hidden things? I mean other than text logs? Because I felt the text logs were just clutter. Again, I’m talking gameplay here.

You mean like double-jump legs?

Crackdown and Agents of Mayhem have lots of battles up in the skyscrapers. They have lots of things you can find to upgrade your characters. The gameplay is distributed horizontally and vertically in both games, especially Agents of Mayhem. Lots of traversal challenges, as well.

If there’s anything similar in Cyberpunk with the leg upgrades, I’d love to hear about it. I tracked down a ton of tarot cards, but never go the sense there was anything else out there worth grabbing. Again, text logs weren’t doing it for me.

Traffic is gameplay. Driving in a city involves navigating traffic. Are you seriously defending the empty streets of Night City as if it were an intentional design choice? Do you think CD Projekt wanted to make a game in which traffic is heavier when you’re not in it? You can tell it’s a limitation of the way the city is designed, because they half-hearted throw a few cars at you the longer you drive.

Meaningful traffic is a consistent failing of open world cities:

It’s yet another example of how there’s nothing “ambitious” about Cyberpunk’s design.

Plug in your gamepad! You’re not supposed to be driving with your mouse and keyboard. Actually, I don’t CD Projekt cares whether you drive or not. There is no incentive to bother with cars.

RE: having The Division as your only frame of context

I misread your earlier comment then. I thought you were saying you could only compare it to The Division.

Agents of Mayhem, Crackdown, Spider-man, and Grand Theft Auto V come to mind. You’ve played The Division 2. Watch Dogs 2. Sleeping Dogs, Prototype. The Saints Row games. Probably the Yakuza games. Assassin’s Creed: Liberation and Unity have a ton of city focused gameplay, but they aren’t modern. You can also see modern open-worlds in caRPGs like The Crew, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, and Driver: San Francisco.

-Tom