"Looter" recommendations?

I just got done with a stint of Borderlands 3, and had a really great time. Just hoping to run into some suggestions for something I may have missed or didn’t know about! It doesn’t have to be a looter/shooter, just any game that has a robust/fun loot mechanic.

I wish I could find an RPG that had BL level of loot goodness and fun. I suppose the upcoming Tiny Tina stuff may well fill that slot, but until then, any ideas?

You mean schlooter? :)

I like that word, and I like even more the superfluous “c” in it.

Well, Grim Dawn is great. Not sure what else I’d recommend as far as “phat loot” goes.

I think they released Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, so if you want more of the same, it’s available. I too recently went on a BL3 binge, beat it with every character, farmed a bit, etc. and found that I was kinda sick of it when I tried the Tina’s demo.

Borderlands is pure awesome :)

Did you try the rest of the franchise?
Borderlands GOTY Enhanced + DLC (this is a remaster)
Borderlands 2 + DLC
Borderlands The Pre-Sequel + DLC

If you don’t mind some third person there is Outriders.
I found Fallout 76 scratched a similar kind of itch if you fancy a bit of survival?
There is Destiny 2 but I found it sorely lacking - your milage may vary. Be aware of their shady business practice of “vaulting” DLC before you throw down any money.

Warframe is still awesome

Yeah… That is an excellent game that does really really well keeping you in a steady treadmill.

It is also F2P so you can give it a go and see if it is for you.

Warframe is great, but it’s more of a crafter than a looter, or at least that was my impression back when I played it.

Necromunda is a fairly well-reviewed non-AAA game, it should be pretty cheap now. Similarly look at Shadow Warrior 2.

The Division 2 is a looter-shooter online/MMO hybrid thing. Definitely AAA and a couple years old. Also cheap. Of course there’s also Destiny 2 in the same vein.

Warframe is already mentioned, lots of people really love that game and it’s F2P so no barrier to entry.

Thought Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands doesn’t come out until March 25.

This thread got me to reinstall Warframe. Maybe it’ll click this time.

Yeah, it’s not available yet.

My fault, I expected it to say pre-purchase on the splash ad, but I had to click into it. Sorry.

Tiny Tina has the original missions from Borderland 2 as a standalone purchasable preview of the full Tiny Tina game. At least I think that is what’s going on.

I think the game that gave me the most enjoyment in obtaining satisfying loot was the old RPG Of Might & Magic VI, which had a nice risk/reward mechanic - the graver the danger, the better the reward. So at one point near the end game I defeated 3 bosses in tough battles in a three-chambered cave and got this extremely powerful mystical crossbow… too powerful; in fact, it was so powerful that I killed the final boss of the game in .5 seconds with it and barely got to see the animation of the boss I was fighting lol (she was some kind of serpent monster-queen with big bewbs, I think, but like I said, it was just a flash… then she was dead). Well, never said it was a particularly well-balanced game (M&M VII was much better); just a satisfying one when it came to loot.

Never did get into Warframe. Grim Dawn is excellent IMHO.

The problem is Ultrazen has already played way too much Grim Dawn. He’s Grim Dawned out, you guys! He needs other options, not Grim Dawn.

I feel like Gunfire Reborn ticks some of these boxes.

Quoted for truth.

I have not played this, will check thanks!

Hmmm, I don’t think I ever played this…checking as well thanks!

I bounced off of Outriders, but haven’t tried 76 yet, will do as it’s on GP now I think, thanks!