Lost Ark (isometric ARPG/MMO) general discussion

Maybe if you had a guild/group of friends to do them with. They are infinitely more enjoyable just based on that, but also because you tend to get goofy with some stuff. Like for example, with Valtan you try to get your other teammates knocked off intentionally for fun.

This is also something I personally love doing with groups with Night Fox, if someone happens to get Foxed they have to run for their life as we all chase them down trying to blow them up. It’s great fun and breaks up the grind quite a bit :)

Edit: Also revenge is sweet

Would make all the difference!

I’m in a very active guild on Regulus, if anyone happens to be there.

We ran Valtan in just over an hour, which is phenomenal considering it was the first try for many of us. I have a hard time processing everything that’s happening in real time, but it was still a lot of fun and I did alright.

After that, I used the currency that gives you special honing (uses material from the raid instead of regular mats) and one-tapped my gloves from 17 to 18 (a 5% chance)! 😱

Spent a bit of time working on engravings afterward and now have Barricade, Grudge, and Adrenaline at x3 and Combat Readiness at x1. I’d like to add some spirit absorption if I can figure out how without it being too expensive.

There’s not a whole lot going on. I can set up some quests and research but I’m not actively playing on Ladon so make your own fun!

No need. The effective demise of the guild is as good an excuse as any to set the game aside. I’ve only been logging in to do the guild donation for weeks now. I don’t seem to have the stomach for the farming ahead to get beyond ilevel 600.

Yeah I am close to 1100 but I don’t see myself dedicating huge swaths of time farming or paying for mats. If I ever get to the point where I have to raid, that will be the end for me. I do enjoy the quests and following the story along. Good time killer until the next WoW expansion comes out.

I finally put it down myself. The slog between 1340 and 1370 was too much. I had pretty good engravings and accessories, so the only loot I cared about was the honing materials, and so it just felt like I was grinding for plays on a slot machine. And none of the ways to circumvent the grind sounded very appealing. I did put 200 hours into it, which comes out to about ten cents per hour, so I certainly got my money’s worth!

I hit that right at the same time they had the events which gave out extra mats and stuff that boosted the chance for successful honing so I got through that relatively painlessly. But now, I am at 1355 and come to a slow crawl.

Well, the bard is 1385 and the raid leader would like us at 1445 in three weeks. At least I have some time.

If it makes a difference, select the Express Pass for your character. It will shower you with mats to get you up to T3 (1300ish) in no time. I enabled it on an alt and I think I went from 560 to 1300 in 2-3 days of just running my daily chaos dungeons and guardian raids. I think I had a few T2 materials in the bank but still, it gives a ton of mats, double levels on honing, increased honing chances, etc.

My problem with the game is less the grind part and more that all content other than the grind stages is either easy to the point of being autopilot or is just running around pressing G on various gimmicks without fighting at all.

You can always do guardians solo. I don’t know what stage you are at., but if you want to see what current end game content looks like, check out a video for Valtan Gate 2. It’s pretty wild.

Having a schedule like that sounds like a recipe for pain (or an incentive for ‘swiping’ as we call pulling out the credit card). Absent of an event or a ton of alts, that seems very optimistic.

Seriously. Even with three alts in T3, I maybe get 1-2 successful hones a week? And said honing raises my gear score by 0.83 or 2.5 depending on if that item has gone past +15. Despite playing every day and tapping out every available source of honing materials, I think I’ve made it from around 1400 to 1422 in a month.

I just blew through another week stockpile yesterday and made it from 1420 to 1422 and have already run all my challenge guardians, event shop, ship merchants, etc. 1445 seems like a looong ways away for me. Of course I already maxed out the Strategic Failure achievement (500 failed hones) and I don’t know if that’s normal or worse than average, so that may be affecting my perception.

Well, there IS an event going (wild wings) with plenty of materials. I also haven’t cleared out the chaos line shops yet. As for alts, I have the bard at 1385 and two at 1340. I prefer having a goal to shoot for and I think this one is quite doable.

Are you buying out the event shop each week? Buying mats with pirate coins? Doing unas for leapstones? Una weekly boss rush 2x? Have you done hard mode for chaos line? You can also get tradable leapstones from anguished isle on every character. Guild shop also helps. Sounds like you might be leaving some things on the table, so to speak.

Yeah I’ve been doing all that.

It took 20,000 guardian stones and 450 greater leapstones to get my shoulders upgraded this past week. The pirate ships gives… 900 guardian stones a week per T3 character, I think? It all adds up and helps for sure, but it’s a lot of resources.

You’ve had a rough go. There’s a guy in my guild who is at 1467 I think. He still doesn’t have that achievement.

Oof, really?! Yikes. Well, unfortunately luck is one thing I don’t have any control over. :) I did one-tap my weapon from +12 to +13 after my shoulders pitied twice so I guess it’s not all bad, hah!

Nice. Yeah, it evens out eventually.