Lost Ark (isometric ARPG/MMO) general discussion

Nice!

Gunlancer hit 1415 yesterday. The more I think about it the less convinced I am I want to push Paladin or Shadowhunter from 1340 to 1370. Instead I think I am going to work on my express pass glavier this week and hoard mats in case I end up liking Destroyer (who will be named Biffkablam after an old CoV character).

Grats on 1415. My Paladin is around 1394 and is ever so slowly inching toward 1400. Also trying to get the Glavier to 1340 so I can park her with the Gunlancer. And I’m still looking forward to trying the Destroyer when he comes out in a week.

Just an idle question. I don’t use a reference guide to find every mokoko seed in each area. I just find what I find for the most part and search around without the help of a guide one the smaller islands. They are a pain in ass to find though so I totally understand using a guide. I may do that later. What do you do?

• Find them as I go without a guide
  • Use a guide to their locations
  • Shit bonerz!

0 voters

You didn’t include an option for both. I like to look for them first, then I will go back and use a guide for completion later (or also for some islands I hope to never return to)

I do a mix of both too. I’ll usually spend some time trying to find them myself and then look up a guide to see the ones I missed. A lot of them I don’t know how I’d ever discover them without a guide.

I think searching for them in dungeons is somewhat fun (a lot of neat secret passages and side areas to find) but in world zones it’s just torture.

Yeah, I agree. I still enjoy finding them in the open world, but don’t want to spend hours searching massive areas.

Yeah that is neat. I recall an early dungeon where I spotted one and couldn’t see a way to get to it. The rest of the party was speeding forward through the dungeon so I didn’t want to lag behind looking for a secret side passage. I eventually went back at a much higher level and leisurely found my way to the mokoko seed.

Couldn’t get into a Valtan group last week, but will be making my first attempt tomorrow.

Meanwhile, my second highest gear score character is now a Bard I made last Tuesday, who will be 1385 tomorrow. She will be in a phase 3 Argos group on Sunday.

I burned a whole lotta mats I had saved up to do that…and bought a decent chunk of them too. If there’s a need to push my gunlancer to 1445 soon, it could be painful.

I just got my Paladin to 1415 yesterday, so I will be giving Valtan a shot this week.

Used the Express Pass on a Destroyer and boy am I finding him a lot of fun. He made it to T3 recently and my new overall goal is to get him first to 1340 and then to 1370. I’ve got two other toons at 1340 so I should have lots of materials to blow through.

I hit 1415 last week but I think it’s nearing time to take a break. Not surprising since this is pretty much all I’ve played since the game launched in Feb! Mostly, though, I just don’t care much for MMO raids and it looks like it’s pretty much just 8-man legion raid content on the horizon which doesn’t have too much appeal for me.

btw, Fearless Leader, is The Wanderers defunct as a guild in this game?

That is considered the high point of the game for sure. I do find it much more engaging than raids from other games, though, because there’s no tank, trash mobs are actually trash mobs, dungeons and raids are comparatively short, and there’s much more to it than standing in one spot playing whack a mole.

This helps so much

Yeah, definitely, it’s much better. Still not my cup of tea, but a lot better than what other MMOs tend to offer.

Yeah, I’m also glad they don’t go larger than eight people. But if it’s not your thing…

Maybe if you had a guild/group of friends to do them with. They are infinitely more enjoyable just based on that, but also because you tend to get goofy with some stuff. Like for example, with Valtan you try to get your other teammates knocked off intentionally for fun.

This is also something I personally love doing with groups with Night Fox, if someone happens to get Foxed they have to run for their life as we all chase them down trying to blow them up. It’s great fun and breaks up the grind quite a bit :)

Edit: Also revenge is sweet

Would make all the difference!

I’m in a very active guild on Regulus, if anyone happens to be there.

We ran Valtan in just over an hour, which is phenomenal considering it was the first try for many of us. I have a hard time processing everything that’s happening in real time, but it was still a lot of fun and I did alright.

After that, I used the currency that gives you special honing (uses material from the raid instead of regular mats) and one-tapped my gloves from 17 to 18 (a 5% chance)! 😱

Spent a bit of time working on engravings afterward and now have Barricade, Grudge, and Adrenaline at x3 and Combat Readiness at x1. I’d like to add some spirit absorption if I can figure out how without it being too expensive.

There’s not a whole lot going on. I can set up some quests and research but I’m not actively playing on Ladon so make your own fun!