Lost Games

What was it ?

I loved Bioforge, was it a sequel, an updated version ?

“I loved Bioforge, was it a sequel, an updated version ?”

From an old Origin catalog:

The work of research archaeologists has been interrupted by the machinations of the scheming scientist who plans to use the advanced alien technology for his own ends. Only your advanced skills give you hope of survival.

As the moon, Daedalus, explodes, you discover the Black Raven - a ship sent by the Ministry of Security to spy on the Mondite base. It’s going to be that kind of day - it’s a good thing you’re still angry. The adventure is far from over.

Features:

Automatic Tracker - shows locations of most enemy lifeforms
Better Energy Source
More Powerful Weapons
Improved Combat
New, Superior Ship
Gauntlet Feature

Golgotha

Grimoire is always good for a laugh. Oh, it’s not cancelled? Surrrreeeee…

The official MULE remake never made it past the discussion stage. Dani told me the EA producer insisted it had to have combat. Dani refused, she had the rights to the title, so no game.

Desert Fighters (vaguely remember even having an alpha of this)
Pro Pilot 2001
Aces: X-Fighters
Jane’s A-10
Flight Combat (Looking Glass; Jane’s Attack Squadron
was a buggy version of the same engine but not the game that was
originally planned)
Air Warrior: Vietnam
Flight Sim Toolkit II
Flying Nightmares II
Aces of the Pacific II
Fighter Duel 2
Avenger A-10 (Spectrum Holobyte sequel to Falcon 3.0)
Confirmed Kill

(It’s apparently not good to be a flight sim sequel…)

Wing Commander Online
Ultima Online II
Star Trek: Secret of Vulcan Fury

Oh, you might forget…

Renegade 2 (SSI)

…since PC Gamer actually ran a review of it. :-)

(They claimed they “thought it was final code.” I had the same build – if they thought it was final, you’d think the review might have mentioned the lack of sound support…)

Baldur’s Gate 3. (“Jefferson”) Or so it seems.

All we can do is hope… :(

Yeah, IIRC it was basically a way for you to easily play mods or user-made APE games, or something along those lines. Problem is, I don’t know if anyone EVER actually completed an Anachronox mod project.

I also think that the first patch for the game was done by the entire dev team after Eidos agreed to pay them to complete a patch. The second patch is the one that one team member did entirely on his own time, which was a really cool gesture on his part.

Nope, came out in Europe. I own a copy. Big pile of poo that game was.

Here is some:
Gruesome castle.
The Indestructibles

Dang, Denny stole my thunder with his list of flight sims. No way am I getting up that early to post. :)

Longbow 3 was a twinkle in many a flight sim fan’s eye, although I’m not sure it ever made it to the drawing board.

Steel Panthers 4

Age of Oars

Age of Ironclads

(these two were Talonsoft sequels to the first Age of Sail)

Thanks. Damn, what a shame it never got to see the light of day…

There was a design doc, that was it. EA went “No way in hell are you spending 2 years making another helicopter sim, go err… come up with something else.”

Bethesda’s 10th Planet

Coming soon: Gamespy’s top 25 Most Anticipated Cancelled Games feature! :wink:

Actually, I liked the couple of articles that GameSpot did under the “Gaming Graveyard” moniker. I guess it’s hard to come up with source material for that, though, as I’m sure a lot of people are reluctant to talk about mistakes. :)

This one was the most disappointing cancellation for me. I remember the star chart that came with Prophecy, which included the star systems from Privateer 1 as just a small section. I was hoping to be able to explore the entire chart in Privateer Online.

And to add to the list, the Ultima 8 expansion pack. I think it was called The Lost Veil or something like that. There’s some screen shots of it floating around somewhere. Also, there’s a door in Ultima 8 that won’t open since it was supposed to be the entrance to the expansion pack area.

No. I just want a list.

Does Bullfrog’s Pantheon count as cancelled?

Troy

Conquest of the New World II. Mentioned briefly in a squib on the official COTNW website then quietly removed.

Let’s not forget Dungeon Keeper 3 and Full Throttle 2.