Lost in Random: A Burtonesqe action adventure deck builder

Has a very Burton look to it art wise. It’s an action adventure with randomness, dice rolls and deck building for combat. In my comments about Psychonauts 2 I think I mentioned Doublefine aren’t the only one making weird charming games anymore and this is sort of one of those I was talking about as one might mistake this for something they’d do I think.

Preview

“Random” is not a noun, you barbarians.

I believe the gentleman in the lower right would like to speak to you.

princes

Ok, having watched the trailer, that looks fantastic. $30 on steam. They say it will be on switch too, but you can’t pre-order it there, so I don’t know the price (or when it is launching).

Haha, fair point!

This looks cool as shit and much too hard for me to play :(

Holy carp! The production values on this look crazy.

I’m a couple hours into it on PS5 and really enjoying everything about it. The art style and music are incredible, very charming overall. Combat is fun if a little simplistic so far but I’ve heard it gets better as you progress and get more cards.

$6 beans on steam during the autumn sale, think I will pick this up.

This really looks fantastic.

I thought I’d like this when I first saw it, but could never get it to run, because the damn “accept” buttons on the xBox for the ToS were 100% broken.

I finally just uninstalled it, as it was useless.

Over the weekend, I needed a break from my backlog return to Hogwarts Legacy (never finished it, Open World games have this effect on me), so I tried launching it via Cloud Gaming and I was able to get past the broken ToS buttons, and then I could install, and work that way.

This is a pretty darned cool game. It’s got that Burton-esque feel, crossed with American McGee’s Alice & Psychonoauts, but with a good sense of humor. The gameplay is good, the cards/dice mechanics are really good, and the dialog has some funny moments (how many games have rhyming battles???).

Pretty sure I’ll finish this on gamepass!

Thanks for mentioning this. I missed when it came out. Also just $3 on PSN.

Burtonesque you say?