Lost in Space Remake in the works, by Netflix

Or The Time Tunnel, or Its About Time, or Land of the Giants! The 60s were a heyday for cheesy SF shows.

I trust the carrot suit has answered your question.

I suppose. Not sure this cutesy furry from the original Battlestar was much better. But I get your point.

Fun fact: they dressed a chimp up for the role.

I’m sure the chimp had a hoot.

Unless they win renwal in Carrousel!

Galactica’s robot “thing” is much better than the space chimp on Lost in Space.

People say “cheesy”, but those shows weren’t cheesy when you were very little, they seemed real and exciting.

But Star Trek lifted it all up a gear - even though in a modern-day perspective it was only slightly less cheesy, it seemed really serious and weighty in comparison to the earlier shows.

Plus there was all the other side-stuff, like Twilight Zone, etc. We didn’t get those so much in the UK, but the equivalent we had was early Dr Who, and occasionally some quite serious s-f drama that was based on real s-f short stories.

I don’t see a problem with a re-make - the “marooned with weird s-f events going on” scenario itself is bound to appeal to young people, it’s a solid basis for a possibly good show.

Terms of service? I have no idea what CBS turned down. You’re not going to break your keyboard by actually typing words to help people understand you. :)

-Tom

I have a bad feeling that TOS is short for The Original Series so it may just be six of one, half dozen of the other anyway.

Sorry. I thought it was a common enough acronym here in Nerdsville that everyone would know it. Star Trek:The Original Series.

And Galactica’s effects were also over a decade later and after Star Wars, which pretty much changed everything in sci-fi effects. What they had to work with was way ahead of putting vulcan ears on a monkey.

Thank god that Star Trek never stooped so low.

Are you for real?

Ok thats just awesome. The next time someone rails on about the incredible quality of the original Star Trek, Im going toss that picture up like a mic drop.

Are you sure that’s not Photoshopped? I’ve watched every episode of the original backwards and forwards so many times, I’ve lost count. I used to drive my roommate, who was a casual viewer at best, crazy by correctly naming the episode just from the teaser. But this I don’t recall at all.

Now Space Hippies - that shit was real.

I believe the dog was part of the episode where Kirk got seperated into Good Kirk/Bad Kirk.

Of course. How could I have forgotten?

There are a hundred other ridiculous things in TOS due to low budget as opposed to low tech. The brain-eating flying amoeba things that look like novelty plastic vomit spills, many cheesy cobbled-together wooden high-tech props, Kirk’s ludicrous fighting skills – the ass bounce, the double-handed punch that takes 5 seconds to arrive, etc etc etc… But yeah, unicorn dog is up there with the rest of them.

I have a book called The Making of Star Trek. One part that I will always remember is that Roddenberry wanted ‘alien plants’. So they would keep bringing regular plants on to the set. One day he took a plant, ripped it out of the pot and shook it hard. Then he turned it over and stuffed it upside down into the same pot. He said something like, “Paint it pink! Now that’s an alien plant!”