Lost in Space Remake in the works, by Netflix

There is a fascinating list of locations around Vancouver and the shows/movies that have filmed there on Wikipedia. The Lower Seymour Conservation Reserve (the forest that’s in everything) and Riverview Hospital in Coquitlam are probably the two most filmed locations around Vancouver/B.C…

As dorky as it sounds, I think it would be fun someday to take a trip up there and walk around a bunch of the places that appear in so many TV shows and movies.

I particularly love that Jackie Chan’s Rumble in the Bronx was filmed in Vancouver!

And palpably so. You can see the mountains in the background.

Are there no mountains in the Bronx?

I haven’t seen Rumble in the Bronx since I saw it in the theater all those years ago. I thought I remembered a scene with the Brooklyn Bridge in the background? I guess I must be remembering wrong if they filmed it in Vancouver.

Do mountains of trash in vacant lots count?

Yes, I think so. Can’t be worse than downtown Chicago, though, due to all the wind.

Ok! I’m watching! This has a serious problem, that it’s rated PG. Therefore absolutely no deaths will occur to any of the really annoying kids that do really dumb things. Kinda takes the suspense out.

In this video about Vancouver in film, there’s a bit where Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol uses Vancouver to portray Seattle, Eastern Europe and India – and the actual locations can be reached within 15 minutes of each other.

Just watched the pilot. Kindly disagree. :)

I’ve watched 6 episodes and I say it’s pretty good so far.

That’s nothing new to just about every tv show that isn’t called Game of Thrones. I still enjoyed the first episode even though it’s going to be toned down to make it more family friendly.

It’s alright, but mostly I’m staying for Captain Flint.

I’m four episodes in. It’s serviceable but unremarkable. Everything is distinctly average (the script, the acting, the direction) except for the production values/special effects which are slightly above par. It’s not terrible but it’s not good either. Forgettable.

Hell yes!

Can someone tell me if the robot shows up eventually? Cuz all I remember from the original series is the vaccum tube robodude saying “DANGER WILL ROBINSON.”

The new Robot is in the first episode.

Awesome! Ok I will continue watching then!

It may not be the droid youre looking for.