Lost in Space Remake in the works, by Netflix

I think it’s weird that Dr Smith is played by the actress from the breakfast club, who is seemingly playing her character from the breakfast club.

Parker Posey and Ally Sheedy are for certain different people.

While eating breakfast.

YAY!!! He said it!! I am happy!

Pretty good, the whole first season is sort of an origin story. The last couple episodes were VERY good, only because Parker Posey fully played it well. I hated the portrayal at first thinking it was a hinderance, but knowing the original show you CANNOT have Lost in Space without a cowardly selfishly deluded Dr Smith…the dynamic was built up pretty well for the last episode.

I commend the show, its gotta be hard to reboot this series and keep it interesting. They did pretty well imo. And GREAT special effects too. The look of the show seemed VERY Mass Effecty… really good art design.

Ep 4: At first Dr. Smith was creepy but I got pissed off when I heard her spin the bullshit story about how Don is the bad guy.

Well that doesn’t get better.

FFS ASIMOV’S LAWS. USE THEM.

Damn, you say the one thing I cant continue to ignore this show and renew my Netflix subscription…drats!

Dr Smith is female? Seriously?

Yes sir!

No respect for source material anymore.

This was my all time favorite as a kid.So I was wondering if I should try to figure out netflix( which I’ve never used), after seeing some of the recent ads, just to check it out for nostalgia sake.

But with this, I’ll pass…

I don’t think that Dr. Smith’s character was really defined by his “maleness”.

Alley Shedy is pretty good as Smith, but early on it really seemed like she was just playing her weird character from The Breakfast Club.

One thing that I find kind of dumb is how the robot can literally ONLY say “Danger Will Robinson”. And he learned how to say that in like, 5 minutes. So, he learned a bit of language almost immediately (Did will even say his name prior to that? I honestly don’t recall.), but then made zero progression beyond that.

It’s kind of dumb, but I guess necessary since they’d just ask him all this stuff about himself.

Are you stealing Tom Chick’s shtick?

Oh, I’d also concur with whoever said it had a Mass Effect vibe to it. The art direction seems heavily influenced by Mass Effect, even to the extent that the robot looks like a Geth.

Someone should tell Will that the “befriend the robot plot line” is pointless as AI and organics can never coexist, or he might waste a season doing it only to be pissed off at the ending.

Hey dude, I chose the co-exist option. I think it gave me a green explosion or something, and then some stuff happened that I didn’t care about, and then I broke the disc in half.

I’m 99% sure that Joker got to bone the robot on that other planet though.

I’m just two episodes in; do the characters get a little less stupid with their decisions? It’s not iust the kids, but good lord the angst between mom and dad is just annoying.

I don’t think it’s strictly necessary to pay tribute to the original series – or to Jonathan Harris’s original portrayal of Dr. Smith – by getting another male actor in there who can emulate him, his acting abilities, his vision for the character, etc. Casting Parker Posey in the role might have been a genius move, because she’s a good actor and a great comedian, IMO, even if we never get to hear her cry out, “Oh, the pain!”. If reimagining roles is at all an acceptible idea in your book, I would recommend giving the show a try and seeing for yourself how well she does.

The script may be the biggest weak point though. I’m only five episodes in and I’m enjoying it overall, but the Dr. Smith scheming is still a bit of a slow burn. Looking forward to seeing how her schemes turn out.

Sorry for being so far behind everyone, but I watched the first 20 minutes of the pilot, and I was really impressed the way it starts. They’re just in trouble on their ship, and they have to deal with it. No long exposition and launch sequence and all that B.S. like in the recent Lost in Space movie with Matt Blanc. Here, they’re already lost in space and in trouble. I loved that.

Of course, then they got to a flashback, so maybe they’ll still have to pay the exposition tax after all. I’ll see later this week.