Lost Magic (DS)

I was just crawling EBGames.com to see what all is coming out soon. Saw this, which seems pretty cool, but I’ve thought that before about real stinkers. Does anyone know anything about this? Does it look interesting to anyone else?

I saw that yesterday for the first time too, and pretty much came to the same conclusion. Looks good, yet I can’t help feeling I could be very very wrong.

It’s previewed in the new Nintendo Power. All I remember is something about drawing spells.

I am cautiously optimistic. With so many RPG’s coming to DS, we’ll have to have a hit some time. No worries, if this isn’t good, Archaic Sealed Heat, Tao’s Adventure, or World of Mana surely will be. And that’s just the action-RPG’s.

Woops, maybe that was Tao’s Adventure I was recalling.

This is supposedly out today, anyone heard anything?

The gamespot hands on ( http://www.gamespot.com/ds/action/lostmagic/news.html?sid=6146454&mode=recent ) looked vaguely interesting. I like the whole gestural magic system.

I’m also wanting someone else to be the test subject before I pick it up. I like the idea of it, a little strategy, a little drawing, and a little monster farming. Please let it not suck.

My eb didn’t get it in today, also Ateller Aeris 2, but I haven’t heard good things about it .

Sounds like Lost magic might be good, but I’m still not sure how a real time combat system with drawing on the stylus will work. If it’s not real time then I take back that statement.

I think it’s one of those cases where EB lists today’s date, which means most of them will get it in before they close tomorrow.

I would volunteer to be the guinea pig, but I just bought a 360 and a PSP with a few games each, so I have to pull back into only spending money on safe bets.

For what it’s worth, I’ll definitely be the guinea pig on Field Commander for PSP here in a month though. That’s straight up my alley.

Saw a review of Field Commander that said it was basically a poor man’s Advance Wars, but was still pretty fun.