Lost - Write a better ending

There were certainly strong elements of the epilogue of that book in the ending of the series, though you could probably say the same of about half a dozen or more other books as well.

MUCH BETTER ENDING. Kudos

I gave up part way through the 2nd season when I realized the writers weren’t trying to tell a good story but were trying to milk the franchise for as long as possible. When the characters began ignoring major plot points they were dead set on discovering just a few episodes before I dropped out.

That said I always thought that the island should have been limbo. A place for souls to evil for heaven and to good for hell. The point of the island is to corrupt those on it, get them to fall to their base desires and become lost souls. Though there was some chance people could be redeemed and ascend to heaven.

Either that or the “island” was actually a small copse of woods just outside of Burning Man where the characters all wandered after eating some seriously messed up shrooms.

Ditto. I’m just going to pretend that was what really happened. Even your ending doesn’t solve any of the hundreds of unanswered questions, but it’s still much more satisfying than what we got. Thanks!

Huh. I think it’s interesting that people who hated the finale think “everyone is magically resurrected and they fly away to live happily ever after” is so much better than “the survivors lived out their lives and then everyone met each other in the afterlife”.

They open the door then ring a bell and Spike Lee shouts into the camera, “WAKE UP!”

I just like it better when the stuff that happened before impacts the stuff that happens later.

If you take the stance that the afterlife reunion was only made possible by the machinations of Island Guardian Hurley, then everything that came before was absolutely necessary for what happened later.

But it was Desmond who was waking people, Hurley only had an assist with Sayid and possibly Boone/Shannon. Unless you’re writing into the plot that Island Guardian Hurley did something to Island Desmond before sending him home that allowed Dead Desmond to magically wake everyone from the sleepytime afterlife reality show.

And really, how is magically resurrecting everyone through the reintegration of divergent timelines any more “magic” that the ending they actually gave us? The show had already given us magic in the form of the flashes that transported LOSTies through time, so why not carry that to a logical conclusion that the sideways world was yet another time anomoly and allow for the return of “dead” LOSTies via the correction of said anomoly?

Also : Thanks for the appreciation for my alternate ending guys!

I think the castaways should forget about the island and dig out a DWARF FORTRESS

The “Vincent” ending from Kimmel was pretty good