Lost

I’ve never been a really huge viewer of drama/thriller tv shows and usually just stick with watching sitcoms and such. But I gotta say, Lost is one cool show. The premise is interesting, the characters (though just introduced) already present many possibilities and the whole hour just flew by with the great pace.

Also, the opening was pretty intense I thought. Any other opinions?

It reminds me of that show of Peter Benchley’s that was on UPN a couple years back.

Yeah, it’s pretty damn good. I downloaded the 2 hour pilot from suprnova this past weekend, and I’ve been recommending the show to everyone since then.

And since I’ve already seen the second episode, I could tell that a lot of the teaser was from near the end of that episode. It looks like this is one of those shows (like 24) where you’ll have to skip the teasers if you don’t want spoilers.

I’m digging it so far - that plane scene was intense, moreso in that I’m flying to Vegas next week for a friend’s wedding.

For some reason, I’m getting vibes from the show that the Big Bad is some sort of King-Kong-remake-esque monster, and that possibly natives on the island sacrifice people to him. Just a feeling, though.

I enjoyed it. But I doubt that a plane which loses both its front section and tail crashing from 40K feet is going to have 48 survivors…

Yeah that’s so unbelievable. Not like the giant monster in the jungle.

LOL Coffey. On the other hand I loved it last night. It is definitely on my radar for this season now.

The show keeps pushing you in the direction of “Dinosaurs. The island has dinosaurs on it.” but I gotta believe it’s something better than that. I really hope this doesn’t turn into “Jurassic Park: The Series” or a remake of “Land of the Lost.” Course, some sleestaks would be ok…

I’m diggin’ it, though.

Shit, was that last night? Shit, shit, shit. I have got to figure out this supernova thingie.

Oh, and Evangeline Lilly is pretty hot.

Did anyone manage to get a look at the Doctor guy’s tattoo? It looked significant but I was always looking at something else on screen whenever the tattoo showed.

And no I don’t mean significant like the nameless one.

Wait, so you’re saying Matthew “Eldest on Party of Five” Fox is sporting the SYMBOL OF TORMENT??? :shock:

I’ve only watched half the first episode so far. I like it, but I hope the doctor either tones it down or is revealed to be a government superspy out of Alias or something. He’s doing EVERYTHING! Running around saving people, tracking down the flight recorder, explaining how the plane crashed, treating the wounded. This show has this huge cast, let the other characters have some ability.

Just wait till his daughter, played by Elisha Cuthbert, shows up and gets into all sorts of trouble!

Yeah, unless that’s a tatoo Matthew Fox has in real life, I imagine that it will be somewhat significant. I don’t recall the design very clearly but there was a large number “5” on it.

with the same white tank top every week, no less.

with the same white tank top every week, no less.[/quote]
Well Ty, it was 24; be fair!

Let’s not miss the main point here - Elisha Cuthbert. White tanktop.

I really hope it’s a tattoo that’s part of the plot and not some real-life tattoo… how lame would Fox be if he got it to commemorate Party of Five?

Wish this wasn’t on at the same time as Smallville.