Lost

I don’t hold much hope for that.

(I’m not saying Lost was great, especially at the end, but The Event just looks like a desperate effort to fill the void.)

What’s this now? Is The Event something from the makers of Lost or something?

No, but the commercials are playing up the imagery.

Mysterious cover-ups! Airplane crash! Tropical vistas! Women in bathing suits! Shadowy figures! Hey, did we mention an airplane crash? Maybe in Hawaii or somewhere with a beach? Ooh! People running and looking angry! That jet is still crashing!

I finally finished watching Lost seasons 5 and 6 (having fallen quite behind due to the work/school/life schedule). What a big giant yawn to leave so many unanswered questions still. Hey, I’m OK with one or two McGuffins, but there were like 1000 by the time this show was done, and none will ever be resolved. The creators hiding their lack of continuity behind a retarded coyness.

How disappointing that the whole side-flash storyline was some between-life-and-death dream state rather than a vaguely plausible fragmented time-space timeline that was “snapping back” to reality or something in those memories.

And seriously, by the end of the series, did anyone out there in anywhere actually give two sh1tb0nerz about the Jack/Kate love story? I wanted every other couple to live happily ever after and couldn’t care less if red, puffy-eyed Jack ever got the innocent-but-bad girl.

In hindsight I’m glad I watched, but even more glad that I busted it out on DVDs rather than sitting through it every week wondering and waiting for answers. Except for seasons 1 and 2 which were actually kind of fun. Bah!

[consider this cross-posted to the “Tell Us What’s Happened to You Lately (That’s Interesting)” and “Random Thought Thread” threads.]

My wife and I just finished Lost, via Netflix instant queue. Unlike shift6, though, I was thoroughly wowed by the whole thing, including the last season. Dunno, guess I just liked the ambiguity and surrealism, and I thought they left the appropriate amount of loose ends. Otherwise it’s just another scifi story. I had written off Jack as a twit about season 3 or 4 but in the last season he came roaring back into my good graces.

The best bit though was Vincent. Our dogs appreciated that too, and they watched every episode with us (true, they did, though they like the Xbox menu’s movement and sounds when accessing Netflix more than the shows I think).

My only big disappointment is Mr. Eko. Damn it, I wanted him back at the end.

necro bump

Uh… ‘fresh footage’ that got released at the SDCC 2011. If Lost is still in your backlog, you might want to avoid it due to spoilers.

Excellent!

Great video! It becomes even clearer that Jacob was an asshole.

Anyway, I’m still mad at them for the anti-science message, and inverse “supernatural-mistery-turns-to-have-a-rational-explanation”.

Hurr hurr. Nice little spoof/retcon. Anyway, I already thought Jacob was a disingenuous asshole. That actor seems to play nothing but. Murderer on Dexter, Fulcrum agent on Chuck, con artist in Burn Notice, Satan…

As I recall on Dexter he was a dick but he never murdered anyone.

Also the main villain vampire on Being Human (US version), Bishop. Mark Pellegrino excels at playing assholes.

Hilarious. “You think they’ll be disappointed?”

Oh my god, that footage was hilarious.

“Why not? That’s your name, isn’t it, Baaaarrrry?”
“You motherfucker!”

And thug at the beginning of Big Lebowski.

The Smoke Monster ruined the series, HBO.

It also ruined the Lost miniseries.

I say this from the point of view of having seen your other ridiculous thread:

What?

Lost miniseries? Is this something I haven’t heard about or is a six year, 121 episode show mini now?

The Smoke Monster didn’t ruin Lost. Jack’s crying-face and Kate’s annoying she-bitch act ruined Lost. ;)

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalt! Ruined the show.

Lost remains unruined for me, I enjoyed watching it for six years. Although, as far as I can remember season 2 was 20+ episodes of Michael yelling “Waaallt!” and Jin saying “Others?”

I don’t know, I guess they were pretty good at it because I still liked it. You guys are poopy heads.

“Who’s the president of the United States?”
“Alright, dude, we’re from the future.”