LOTRO Europe

Currently we’re about 4 regular members here, with a few on the side dropping on-off, so its okay.

I was thinking though, that we should try and get some more people on, or is it fine the way it is? If you have any friends or such who might be interested, be sure to let them know of us :-)

I am planning on joining you guys and will download the european client in the next few days. Previously I was experimenting a bit on the US server and it was quite fun, though obviously the time zone thing was a bit frustrating. So having some “locals” to play with should be cool!

Full disclosure though: I’m a MMO newbie! (though practiced in offline RPGs) So I’d appreciate a bit of patience if I’m a bit slow on the strategic elements of gaming together…

Any class you need in your group and that wouldn’t be too tough to start off with?

Any class will do, as long as you think its fun :-)

As for easy to start with, I’d say go with Champion, Hunter or Warden, but anythings accesible more or less, in the early levels.

Don’t worry about being an MMO newbie, we’re not really that kind of kin/guild, where you have to be supercool and l33t or somesuch to join up - just have fun, chat, and help eachother out, thats what we’ve been doing so far :-)

Don’t listen to his lies.

Sorry for not being around too much, lately. Things have been pretty crazy around here. 60 hour work weeks, a second New Vegas playthrough plus family stuff.

BAH Skip Vegas ! I need peeps for my first Barrows Runs when I reach 20+ soon! I am new too!! :-)

I’m having so much fun I even paid for a sub today. Which will let me roam around my lovable North Downs while the riff-raff are standing in line over in Lone-Lands. Except Razgon, his toons gain 5 levels out there while you’re still waiting for the muffins to cool.

I’m thinking we should think about setting a time for a GB run soon? Or at least a 3-man (or hawt elven chick) Skirmish maybe? Say, in a week or so? Nothing hardcore or anything, I just know it was way more fun running around Midgewater Marshes with Rohwen (Imatarget?) than alone. Especially since he wore purple pants.

Sorry, I know I level fast, but I cant help it - I love the game :-D

Anyways, Ill be levelling a toon to around 23-24 to join in on a GB run then…probably my minstrel

Btw, Cormac - Leave a note here when you get in the game, with your toon’s name, and I’ll add you to friendslist and the kin

Will do!

Sorry guys, I didnt abandon you, but have been sick all weekend, and tried out WoW for a short while as well, but I’ll be back as soon as I’m feeling good again

Oh we understand (sob), that you are leaving us for that cataclysmic chick with the WoW-factor built in while we slog away in misery, unthanked and unwelcomed by the ones we’re sworn to protect.

On a completely different note, we got some good 3-man (or woman) fellowshipping done this weekend! Stelios, Imatarget and myself went like hot knives through butter through some Barrows on Saturday. Well, mainly it was Stelios’ Guardian doing the killing, Imatargets Burglar looting and my Hunter fiddling with the target controls, but it was nice all the same.
The Grandest moment had to be when Stelios had to leave and me and Imatarget left the Barrow. Outside I saw a wight which I decided to shoot, while the Burglar aggro’d some others. In a few seconds we were two squishies surrounded by seven or eight very angry wights. I think both of us were down to double digit morale when the last one fell. Wardens of Tharbad stood tall!

Sorry about bailing. Despite my plans I didn’t manage to get more than a couple of hours of gaming this weekend. I just wish people would stop presuming I require actual human companionship and would cease imposing their presence upon me.

hi guys - how’s the kinship faring? Just logged on a saw a few of you had been online right before me. Still sick, and still planning on coming back once I’m better - Muffins for everyone when I get back!

Strangely, now that you’re not around we’ve been grouping more. :)

Indeed we did!! That exit was EPIC, I had to fire all my skills. And it was your arrow that aggroed em all, just saying… But we survived! Sadly I did not take a Pic of that epic fight, just some more serene impressions:

Righty-ho. While Winter has certain parts of Euroland in its grip and all the heretics are waiting for some kind of cataclysmic event, the Wardens of Tharbad fight the good fight against the forces of The Eye, the White Hand and Indigestion.

If you want to join, or just hang out with these cool cats, here’s a little update for you.

Server: Withywindle
Kin Name: Wardens of Tharbad

Look for one of these guys: Falco, Bregham, Smokey, Rohwen or Starless. For those who are interested in that sort of thing, Rohwen and Starless has bought houses in Bree Homesteads, Holbroke, Fountain Street. Come help us decorate!

Any race, any class, any level - all are welcome into the Kin. I would call us extremely casual in approach, we help each other out with crafting, do some Fellowship and Skirmishes when the mood strikes us and chat away in the Kin channel.

Quick question whilst I’m d/l the client - is the Withywindel Wardens of Tharbad kin still active. Any classes needed?

We are still active, pm Starless or Bregham or Falco on Withywindle to join. Any class you enjoy playing is needed so just go for it. We’re not huge on raiding or even fellowshiping, our characters are currently around lvl 30, so just join up and we’ll help each other out as needed.

Razgon, if you’re reading this, could you please log on and promote Rohwen to Officer? That would be great, thanks. (OH, we hit Kinship lvl 5 last night!)

will do! Sorry, still figthing a flu :-/

Btw, Starless is heir and officer - he cant promote?

It’s SHE, good Ser, SHE. =)

And no, apparently not. “You can’t promote to this Rank” or somesuch was the msg I got last night. Maybe it’s some other regulation, like you can only have X Officers with Y members?