LOTRO to relaunch as free to play?

This is now a running joke. After waiting weeks for any kind of response on my second support ticket for the issue with my purchased inventory slots, I finally received one…the day after I left for vacation. Needless to say, the 96 hours passed without a response from me, and now the second ticket is closed with no resolution to my issue.

At this point I am done. I don’t give a shit anymore about the inventory slots. I’ve spent nearly 10 weeks trying to get the matter resolved to no avail. I understand support is backed up, but seriously, they must be down to a single person doing support at this point, because consistent 4 week delays for responses is simply ridiculous, especially when your business model DEPENDS on micro-transactions. I can’t be the only customer very unhappy with Standing Stone Games at the moment.

Sadly, the only way to express my displeasure with Standing Stones Games is to stop playing LOTRO altogether. This sucks, because I was really enjoying the game again. I’ve been a LOTRO player since it was in BETA. I attended the Moria launch party at GenCon Indy. I bought each expansion as they came out. I was a subscriber for years prior to F2P, and have bought packages post F2P as well. I tell anyone who will listen how amazing the game was and still is, how it really captures the spirit of Middle Earth, the amazing settings, the fantastic NPCs and the incredible music and sound. I’ve poured hundreds of dollars and hundreds of hours into LOTRO over TEN YEARS, I LOVE THIS GAME, and in 2 months Standing Stones Games has pretty much shredded all that good will because they can’t answer a single support request in a timely manner and won’t leave it open long enough when they do respond to effectively resolve it.

Fuck this shit, I’m out.