LOTRO to relaunch as free to play?

We must be on different servers. I had no request and when I looked up Veloxian it said there was no such character. I’m on Arkenstone, you might be on Landroval as that is where most of the old QT3 guild ended up in the server consolidations.

Shit, I’m sorry, it’s Veloxion.

I’m on Arkenstone as well. If anybody ever wants to pal around I’m Yakiuni or Bonespur.

Just added you to my friends list and sent yakiuni a mail.

Sweet. I will login tonight and add you both. Adventure time will follow! Hopefully at least one of you is a heavy or medium armor user, as I have mad metalsmithing and tailoring skills that have gone unused for far too long…

Elf Hunter here, leve 13, so totally not sure.

So I’ve played a ton today, mostly around Bree. About to hit level 19.

But I kinda fell in love with the game today a bit more when I saw this random door in Bree that opened to this…

The Cat-Lady’s House.

I’m still laughing.

I played lotro for years and never found that v:(

So how far could I get into this alone?

I’ve played pretty much entirely solo. It’s so great.

I was shocked I found it. It was just in a street in Bree, and the door was just labeled “Door”. Well, I had to check that out, I thought to myself. :)

You can get all the way to level 105 alone. There are now no grouping requirements for any of the book quests (these provide the major narrative of the game and guide you around Middle Earth). I’ve come back to the game after two years of hating the gated grinding. It’s a much, much better experience when you don’t have to grind make-work quests whilst the developers prepare the next chapter. The story goes up to just before the black gate (so far) and is actually a quite enjoyable romp as you photobomb all the major developments in the book.

So I tried the minstrel last night (created a normal Man) and I really like it. Definitely a different vibe than my hunter, and very unique!

Minstrel’s name is Giltholthor (their random name generator is pretty great) if y’all wanna add him.

I’ve decided to return to the game after a very long absence. It definitely has changed, glad I bought the lifetime subscription when they first offered it. By the way I’m on the Arkenstone server at the moment under the name “Demorve”. Yea I know real original, but I’ve used this name for my very first Dwarf character when I played Advance DnD in the mid seventies and has a special meaning. I’m going to try and play this at least once a week. If any one wants to send a friend request I’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible. I’m located in the Pacific time zone (west coast USA) and I quit somewhere around 7:00 pm and 8:00 pm.

Is there a particular server that most people here are on? I’m thinking about firing this up tonight and giving it a shot.

Most folks I know seem to be on Arkenstone.

I’m having a blast with this Minstrel. Tonight I discovered they can play actual music in game. Squeeeee. There are even bands, apparently.

Is there a good recommended class for beginners?

I went with a hunter for my first character and it was great. They actually say basic, moderate and so on in the class selection portion.

Good to know! Just waiting for the 6gb high-res patch to download then I’m going to give it a shot.

Yeah, that first download is a doozy.