LOTRO to relaunch as free to play?

Man, if I already wasn’t in a Kin which made me stuff, I’d join yours in a heartbeat, but I feel bad about leaving.

So I think tonight I’ma try a skirmish!

I bought all the expansions, bought a bunch of other stuff, tried throwing coins at random stuff in the store, and still have 30k lol. I will say, I do really really dislike the “run back to where you just were, which is 1009393 miles away” nature of the questing, especially when it happens multiple times. The games worst feature in my opinion. It’s especially annoying/confusing when you are new to an area. Pretty horribly laid out in my opinion.

This is one of those games, where I really like some things, but really hate some others.

For some reason that doesn’t bug me much, I love just queueing up a boatload of quests from local givers and then doing 'em all and turning 'em all in at once. It’s not a space game where your account is credited once you dock at another station. ;)

My personally least favorite thing about the game is the world map. Near useless, it is.

I created a new character named Tromboneshorty who is a minstrel, and that’s the one I will be playing for now… he’s level 5 and just about finished with the starter town/instance.

I did transfer all my other dudes over to Arkenstone but in all the time I played the game I can’t believe my highest level character was a level 20. For some reason I thought I had at least one higher level dude, but it appears I was mistaken.

If you still have 30K TP, invest in some Mithril Coins. You can use those (typically 1/trip) to quick travel back to far-away quest givers after completing the assigned task. You just have to click the little icon next to the quest in your log (the one in the HUD, not the detailed, main log).

I was just going to suggest the same thing - Mithril coins are like $0.06 each if you pay with $s but with that many Turbine Points you should load up for free and you’ll be teleporting all over the place to turn in your quests.

I fully agree with you about it being a pain to return to turn in - but this greatly alleviates that pain.

Dunqan

Mithril coins are actually 25% off right now.

I’ve also downloaded the game and gotten my account back up and running. I am a chronic alt-aholic, so I have 6 characters on landroval from release, none of whom is higher than 12, so I started a new loremaster named Arendariel and am working through the starter area. I’d appreciate an invite when the stars align and we’re on at the same time.

I could never find anyone on while playing ESO so thought I’d give this a look.

If you could send an invite to Kurelm on Arkenstone I would appreciate it—30 Minstrel I transferred from Landroval.

@charmtrap we keep missing each other by minutes or so. I need a kinship invite (Slainte) when you have a chance, but I think we have to both be online at the same time correct?

Spent last night knocking out the final Slave Pens prisoner escape quests in Goblin Town. The reward for that was a nice Lvl 50 dagger that pairs with a Lvl 48 sword I received after completing a separate quest in Goblin Town. When wielded together they give a nearly 200 bonus to my critical skill, which as a dual wielder is pretty nifty. It also highlighted how badly I need some equipment upgrades. A couple of my armor pieces are still levels 38-42…not the best when I’m a few thousand XP away from reaching 50. Looks like I need to craft myself some shiny new armor. Off to the fields I go to collect Ancient Iron Ore!

Still need to knock out the Throne Room in G-Town if anyone else also needs it (high level help welcome if you never got around to doing these quests). I’d also love to go back and knock out Garth Agarwen quests/locations if anyone else needs those as well. And of course I’d be more than happy to help if anyone under 50 needs an assist with anything anywhere!

So yesterday I went through the Skirmish tutorial and did my first skirmishes and epic battles! FUN STUFF.

I have a Premium Ingredient Crate that’s usable only by vip’s. Does anyone have any objection to my placing it where the broken wagon is? I’m not sure if any kinsman can use it, but if they can then by all means use it. I have a lifetime subscription, thus making me a lifetime vip, but for some reason I can’t use the crate.

Edit: Placed the crate, it’s by the door. Also I’m kinda pissed. I got to level 23 without being defeated. I started some quests southeast of The Forsaken Inn. I was battling some goblins that were a level and 2 above me. I had killed 1 and was about to kill the 2nd one when 2 people ran by me while being chased by 4 goblins, I mean they ran right over me. Well those goblins decided to attack me instead of following them. Next thing I knew I was surrounded by higher level goblin and was defeated.

So how far can I get into this before I need to start paying? Not that that’s an issue, just wondering…

Level 30-ish. Basically the starter zones (Shire, Ered Luin, Bree-land) and then the Lone Lands. After that you should sub for at least a month to unlock all the Premium perks.

Usually around X-mas/New Year’s, Turbine has an expansion pack sale. That’ll get you the Quad Pack for $20, which is every expansion up through Rohan.

So I created a couple of new characters to try out and also get into the Qt3 Kin, a hobbit warden and a man lore master. Who do I talk to to get into the Kin again?

Honestly when I still played, I just subbed to it. Much more painless. Same as my SWTOR strategy.

That’s what I ended up doing, kinda worth it just for the mobile mailbox.

Yeah, that’s the way to go. At this point, I own everything (mostly from the free points you get for subbing), so I don’t really need to sub anymore…but if you dig the game, it’s easier to just sub until it’s no longer necessary.

You will still need to buy the expansions at some point (somewhere around 50, probably) though.

Me, probably. Just give me your character names, and I’ll invite you when I see you.

Okay!

Briabrand
Mundrocthad

Thanks!