LOTRO to relaunch as free to play?

Look for Andriphor too, please!

Kurelm please.

Just nabbed scharmers. Still haven’t seen you, Redfive, nor Brian as yet. I’ll keep a look out for you guys.

I’ll likely be in Wednesday!

Fired it up today and it is taking hours to download a patch, even though I updated just last week. Did that happen for everyone?

Yup. 45

Trying to hop on…apparently there is a not insignificant patch.

Well, I tried, but you declined the invitation.

Sorry, I logged on and was waiting but family came home…I’m sure I was AFK

Hooray for twinks SLAINE

:)

OMG Yay!

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?649812-An-open-letter-to-the-new-Standing-Stone-team&p=7678093#post7678093

As stated in the FAQ, the license has been renewed. Since this license is no different from every other IP license, and since it’s a standard piece of behind the scenes business, it is not something we are going to provide further specifics on. Suffice it to say, the license will continue to be a non-issue for the rest of the game’s life, and we expect to continue developing LOTRO for many, many years to come, with your support.

So I see that All the Expansions and Skirmish Packs are on 75% off sale again through Jan 2nd. Great opportunity to pick up Moria, Mirkwood, Isengard, Rohan and Helms Deep on the cheap. NOTE : If you own NONE of the expansions, the best deal is the Quad Pack at $10, then add Helm’s Deep for another $10.

The Skirmish packs all say they come with FOUR unlock keys and reference sharing with your friends. Has anyone bought one previously and know if you actually get 4 unique codes that will unlock the skirmishes in each pack permanently for you and 3 other players? If so, I am sorely tempted to find 3 other people interested in putting up $4 each and we can purchase all 3 Skirmish Packs for $16.50, giving us each 10 skirmishes for $4…

What do the skirmish packs do?

They unlock access to multiple skirmishes. Skirmishes are special instances where you can earn skirmish marks, medallions and seals which can be exchanged at skirmish camps for special arms and armor as well as lots of other items. You can also unlock deeds related to skirmishes and earn TP for completing them. In a skirmish you have a special skirmish soldier that you level up as you advance and that soldier can be a class that complements you (like a healer for a tank character) to make you more effective when fighting in the instance.

You get two skirmishes for free just for reaching certain points in the game, there are 10 more you can purchase, and more after that which you unlock by doing the main book quests in the expansions.

My words exactly. Great news.

Well if that’s stuff I don’t unlock via VIP, then count me in.

All skirmishes are unlocked for VIP subscribers (thanks for the offer though). Only F2P and Premium accounts need to purchase the additional skirmishes.

A great summary of what Skirmishes are and how they benefit players is here. Skirmishes have some very nice rewards, including equipment, crafting items and recipes and also lots of faction reputation that can be handy when trying to grind your way to Kindred with certain factions.

Oh okay! I’ve only done a couple so far but I’ve REALLY enjoyed them.

Skirmishes are also a great tool for when you are stuck in a leveling trough and you don’t love the zones available to you. I pretty much make it a point to ignore Angmar nowadays and skirmish through those levels instead.

I can’t think of any time I was in a “leveling trough”, other than maybe 5 or more years ago. Now I spend a lot of thought in-game about when to swap my level-disabler pocket device in-and-out to keep from shooting beyond a level or 2 of the content.

That said, I like Skirmishes so I can see the new situations. I usually have my level-disabler equipped :)