LOTRO to relaunch as free to play?

myaccount.turbine.com still works.

This. Simply login with the same username and pw as you do for LOTRO and the resulting page will list all the content you are licensed for (all the main game and expansions).

Also, for those who had been waiting to purchase Mordor with LOTRO points it is now available in the store within the game. 2495 points for the base expansion, and another 1000 if you also want the High Elf character race. Not a bad deal for subscribers and lifetimes who have been saving up their 500 point monthly stipend.

Thanks, guys. That worked.

Thanks for the heads up. Just bought the Mordor expansion and the race. Figured the latter was a good pairing with the LM class, the only one I never played.

Wow, somehow I didn’t have Siege of Mirkwood. yoink

I haven’t checked there for years. Oddly, it doesn’t show my Mordor expansion purchase. I imagine their back office is pretty much nonexistent now, hope I don’t run into trouble once I get there !

Weird, I had the lifetime membership and it doesn’t show up…wonder if it was a different login…

I have a lifetime membership and the myaccount.turbine site does not, and has never, indicated as such. In fact, it says I have a trial membership, whatever that means. Despite that listing, I never had a problem in game being considered a lifetime member.

At least for me, the game and all of the SSG websites are down tonight as of about 7 pm EST. Nothing new on their Facebook or Twitter. I’ve recently thought that they may just shut the door and leave with no warning. Either that’s happening or their community relations is as bad as I’ve come to believe it is…given it’s a Saturday night on a holiday weekend and all.

Maybe it’s just my connection and all.

All up for me.

Weird. Guess it is me.

What the shit.

Well, I’ve never had this happen.
From my home network I am blocked from even accessing lotro.com or ddo.com…every computer / device linked to my home network. Absolutely no issues with any other service / site. Not sure if to call Comcast or SSG, or what good either would do.

If I connect the same devices to the Comcast wifi in my area, I can access lotro.com just fine.

I must have done something to get my home IP address blocked. Brand new PC, 3 days without a problem, then boom at 7 pm last night. I DID make the mistake of trying to install GOG Galaxy, which I quickly deleted but maybe the damage was done.

Why is installing GOG galaxy a mistake? I have that and everything works just fine.

Only because it was the one single change I made between LOTRO (and access to its website) working fine and not 1 hour later. I’ve got nothing else to explain it. Anyhow, I submitted a ticket to the SSG help site (via another network). We’ll see.

Being so completely blocked is weird. You must’ve either done something that looked like hacking and a robot just shut you down (being a holiday weekend, one assumes that no-one is manning the switch) or there’s a malfunctioning router somewhere on the path to SSG’s servers.

The problem is most likely a temporary routing issue from your ISP to the LOTRO servers. Try running tracert (trace route) to lotro.com and see if any of the hops have issues.

Yeah, did that. I sent SSG the IP address after where it locked up. Hopefully it’s theirs.

LOTRO down for me too :\

edit: I’m kinda getting fuckin tired of sites and apps that decide to block common VPN IPs.

No, seriously: fuck you guys.

I have not been able to play all weekend. The launcher launches… then I login… then, nothing.