LOTRO to relaunch as free to play?

The inventively named: “Triggercut”

Brian’s in…I added you as a friend Trigger, so next time I see you pop on, I’ll invite you.

I’ve been on Landroval. I have like 4 toons with 3 being pretty high level. My 120 Warden doesn’t die using blue line unless I allow it or get 1 shotted or stun-locked/mezzed to death. I can go from 4% to 100% HP in a matter of seconds. During fellowship content it is useful if the party wipes…except for me. Everyone can retreat and revive while I continue to tank the foozles and they can renew the assault.

Last thing I was doing was soloing lvl 100 raid-tier wandering threats in West Gondor.

Think I played on both nimrodel and landroval waaaay back when. I’ll start the multi-hour process of downloading .dat files and see what’s happening. Never have been to Moria and I feel it is my duty as a long time MMO player to see it at some point.

My PC is out of commission but should be back up in the next couple of weeks. I haven’t dipped a toe into LotRO in a long time, but it always appealed to me. I absolutely DO NOT have time for an MMO, but maybe it’s time to give it another try…

I’m enjoying it, though it took me a while to get used to lowering the resolution because quest fonts don’t scale…

…one question. For reasons I cannot quite fathom, on various occasions my camera has started to pan, usually at inopportune times. Hitting ESC stops it from happening, until I target someone to talk to or attack, etc. Did I click something to make it do this?

Try hitting…x I think - I am installing it currently, so cant check myself, but either X or Z as far as I remember.

UNBIND THE F’ING X key

This should be in bold caps on the splash pages

Yeah, X makes it auto-pan to whatever you’ve got focused. It’s annoying, though I suppose someone must find it useful.

I use it occasionally , but yeah - mostly I want full camera control.

Thank you all!

That’s what I did as I was stupidly pressing buttons to, uh, get off my horse. :D (Yes, I found the dismount button. Did I mention the interface is a bit small?)

Most of the UI elements are adjustable. Just look at the bottom of the UI settings…should be a bunch of sliders to adjust sizes.

Sadly I found if you enlarge the UI even a little bit the text begins to get blurry. Ugh.

Hmm. never noticed the text becoming blurry, but think I maybe have it reduced in size?

(testing new reshade settings vs default look of the game).

The big news in the World chat is the coupon code LOTROFREEQUESTS leaked out; it appears to give you the quest packs for free that were going to be offered as 90 pt purchases?

Boom, got em! It unlocks the whole enchilada. I only had a couple of locked quest packs left to get, but I guess I have them now.

Yup, worked like a champ:

Thank you!

Hokey smokes, Batman. Thanks!

(What are the odds that SSG doesn’t say “Nope” tomorrow though…)

That… was my thinking as well.

I mean, if they let me keep them, that more than makes up for them not letting me transfer my toons back from Nimrodel.