LOTRO to relaunch as free to play?

Woo hoo, 30 more things I have to find inventory space for!

I haven’t played for a few years and my inventory is totally swamped as a new character with all kinds of things I haven’t got a use for right now. Is there a vault or bank anywhere near the starting Archet/Combe areas?

So I got this thing that jumps me to level 104 and puts me at Mordor, but I’m still in the midst of Moria. Can I keep going through all the content even if I use this thing?

You could but I wouldn’t. Everything would be grey until you get to Gondor.

What does that mean?

You’d be over leveled for the content so all the enemies wouldn’t attack. It would be like playing the game with invisibility and god mode suddenly.

Grey as in the color of their name indicates you are 9+ levels over them and killing them gives 0 XP.

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Difficulty_Indicators

Ohhhh I don’t want that. Okay thank you.

I would recommend using that item on a new character once your main gets to level 104 so you can try out a new class at the same level as your main without going through all the content again.

BTW how did you get that item? Did you buy it from the store? (usually that is the only way…)

Part of the VIP/anniversary gifts it looks like.

Wow, that is pretty sweet.

Also kind of funny since it levels you past all of the 100% free content given to all players now.

BEHOLD, BUSCUIT!

Why did a column of pixels have to die for you to have your corgi? The humanity!

(EDIT: For clarity - all of Brian’s screenshots are oddly 1919x1080)

Stop it you love Biscuit. They’re adorable.

If I log in tomorrow, will a Corgi be waiting for me? Seriously. Otherwise I will log in tonight. (My dearly missed corgi/shepard/chow mix Tyler inspired my forum name).

You have to get one. I got mine in Bree.

They give you the chestnut corgi on all characters.

The firework corgi Brian has probably needs to be acquired from the festival?

Also talk about phat loot. I got two free level ups. One to level 104 (Mordor) and another to level 120! (Minas Morgul) That’s a huge time-save (hundreds of hours) if you want to try out more classes at high levels.

Plus I got a small carry-all for crafting and a bunch of other stuff like special edition items from expansions even though I didn’t buy them…

Everyone also got the expansions themselves up to but not including Gundabad, so that’s a heck of an anniversary giveaway.

I even got on and grabbed all the shinies last night.

Really? I thought it was up to Gondor…

Moria
Mirkwood
Isendgard
Rohan

Logging in during the anniversary gives everyone everything up to Gundabad. Including the collector’s editions of Mordor, Minas Morgul and Three Peaks.

Edit: That’s where the three Aria’s come from if you didn’t have them already.

Well well. But there were three Aria’s? I only got two. At least I think.