LOTRO to relaunch as free to play?

Is soloing this game an enjoyable experience? I’m in the mood to explore Middle Earth a bit in an RPG, but don’t have any interest in playing with others.

That’s my modus operandi. Even the Epic questlines can mostly all be done solo

Awesome! Thanks.

Oh yeah I only solo and it’s great.

I miss me some LOTRO… I may go back and play my two handed guardian (originally that was not a thing) and play up to the end.

Is there a crazy QT3 guild?

I know I used to be in a Qt3 guild in LOTRO back in the day. But a quick search for ‘guild’ in this thread shows it hasn’t been mentioned in over a decade so I’m assuming it’s kaput. Still, after watching some of the new series I’m needing to wander me some Middle Earth hills and valleys so may start a new account (no idea about my original one) and give it a try.

Edit: ooooh! Found the email my old account was on! Now I have to figure out what expansions I need and if subscribing gives you all of them (I didn’t think it did).

It’s not kaput. If you’re playing on Arkenstone, I can send you an invite. It’s not super-active, but people wander through now and then.

Ooh, I’ll try Arkenstone. Looks like my old chars are on Landroval but maybe I have some on Ark if that’s where the guild was.

Is there a way to adjust the popup menu size? Everything else I’ve been able to adjust but when I try the better resolutions above about 1920x1280 the popup menus (like Options and even quest info/dialogue is super tiny. I’ve adjusted to the max any UI sizes I can find but not this. What button/toggle am I missing?

Press Ctrl+/ to enter UI editor mode. You might be able to adjust things.

I’m not sure if you can, and it’s frustrating. I don’t think they designed that stuff for 4k monitors. I gave up. I can’t even read my inventory.

I read thru some messages on the Steam boards and it doesn’t seem you can change those menus. I can play at 1920x1280 and read stuff ok on my TV (used as monitor), but that’s a good as I can get the resolution and still have the game playable.

Yeah my 4k monitors are often what keeps me from firing it up. Are legendary servers still a thing? I just started LOTRO and it said my server is closed but given the 4k monitors, the dialogue boxes to transfer are a little messed up.

They closed one of the legendary servers. Anor.

Appreciate it, that was my legendary but the options to transfer weren’t the legendary options from what I could tell. Anyway, thanks for that info.

It’s that time again. If you’re late to the game there is now a code for you to unlock a bunch of quest packs:

FREEQUESTS2022

Oooh, nice. I haven’t really been playing this like I thought but nice to have these. Though I think I might already have many from earlier expansion purchases. But with the way their DLC is setup I have no idea, hehe.

I think a lot of these are new to “giveaway status” as they include a lot of the incremental content that has been released between the last couple of expansions.

This Coupon Code will grant the following to your game account:

Quest Pack: Central Gondor
Quest Pack: East Gondor
Quest Pack: West Gondor
Quest Pack: Old Anórien
Region Pack: Far Anórien
Quest Pack: March of the King
Quest Pack: Battle of the Black Gate
Quest Pack: Legacy of the Necromancer
Quest Pack: Where Dragons Dwell
Quest Pack: The Vales of Anduin
Quest Pack: Mists of Wilderland
Quest Pack: The Wildwood
The Further Adventures of Bilbo Baggins
Quest Pack: The Blood of Azog
Quest Pack: Rangers and Ruins
Quest Pack: Yondershire

Looks like Mordor, War of Three Peaks, and Minas Morgul expansions are 99 points each on the LOTRO store as well.

Even more important, though: all the storage and inventory slots are on sale right now. Just bought myself 20 more shared storage slots and 25 more bag space slots…more space for more stuff that I can forget what it is!

Oh! Thanks for that. I’ve been waiting a long time for another sale on inventory and storage.