Lucasfilm Games - Star Wars gaming's new home

God yes please

Yes, it absolutely will.

Edit: Unless, as Woolen points out, the contract was signed well before the merger was a twinkle in Satya’s eye.

Yeah, I have no doubt it will be multiplatform. But I think it might also be released Day One on Game Pass, like dive was saying.

I’m not talking about exclusivity, that doesn’t really interest me all that much. Just wondering if I need to start saving up my pennies or not.

Oh, it will definitely be on Game Pass day 1. Only question is whether it’ll release on platforms other than Xbox and Windows.

It depends on how long it’ll take you to save up $60. If you need three years, start throwing those pennies in jars!

MS announced the Bethesday acquisition in late September of last year, and this had to have been in dev a lot earlier than that. So, yeah, can’t imagine there won’t be a PS version.

We have no information on when the deal was signed, and the release date is still unknown too, could be well over a year away, so it could go either way.

Nooooo…please god…no. Make it stop.

Er, wasn’t the “Star Wars only” focus the thing that caused LucasArts to implode in the first place?

LucasArts did non-Star Wars games near the end. Fracture comes to mind. It just wasn’t any good, which was one of their problems.

They also had a revolving door of leadership that didn’t help, either.

Do want a new Indy game so much.

When was the last one, back on the OG xbox? (not counting the lego ones).

That was Indiana Jones and the Emperor’s Tomb from 2003, the one on OG Xbox. Apparently there was one called Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings, which I’ve never heard of. Apparently it came out on PSP, Wii, PS2 in 2009, and was set in 1939.

Crazy on the timing. The 360 came out in 2005, the PS3 in 2006. So a game coming out on PS2 in 2009 seems weird.

My fear is that an Indy game from Machine Games will just be a Wolfenstein shooter with a different skin because that would be the fastest concept to turn around when you’re under a licensing contract deadline.

I seriously doubt that would happen. Lucasfilm Games/Disney wouldn’t approve that project.

Uh… Did you see Battlefront 2 when it first launched?

Also, licensors usually don’t much care how the meal is made, just that the meal doesn’t ruin the menu and the meal gets sold.

What do you expect out of an Indy game? He’s an archeologist, so you think maybe something along the lines of Tomb Raider/Uncharted. And maybe they’re going for an Uncharted clone.

Still, Indy is a lot more than just tomb raiding.

I am quite intrigued and Machine Games certainly knows how to handle the shooting Nazis part of the Indiana Jones mythos.

I wouldn’t take that for granted. IP holders don’t love having their brands appear “devalued”.

Wasn’t Jedi: Fallen Order part of EA Play from day one? Or did they add it later?