Lucifer #75, the series ends

Most underrated comic going these days, just about, and it’s all wrapping in a few more months.

I signed a book deal with Wildside Press in 2002 for a collection of annotations to the series after getting Mike involved, and…three-hundred pages in, it’s going to be awhile before we see daylight. Let’s just say Mike’s theoretical lexicon’s right up there with Gaiman’s (which I realize will mean various things to various people–do be gentle). And now, for your viewing pleasure, I’ll risk the wrath of the admin by posting an external link–presto!

http://mikecarey.net

Mike’s official site. And not to be overly pimpish, but DC’s done a pretty swell job collecting things in $15 trades, nine so far, and two to go/close.

You’re that Matt Peckham? I really like the official site.

I’m a big fan of Lucifer and Mike Carey. I picked up the first trade on a whim, mostly because I’d been working on a story about Lucifer myself and was curious. Within two months I had bought all the trades published at that point and bought all the monthlies I needed to catch up. Carey has done some really amazing, thoughtful stories, and it’s sad to see the series end.

You’re right. Lucifer is very underrated. I look forward to new issues of Lucifer each month even more than Fables, Y: the Last Man, Powers, Ex Machina or anything else on my pull list. Perhaps it’s my natural interest in the philosophical and religious subject matter, but Carey just has skills.