Lulzsec releases list of passwords and email addresses

Link to a searchable database:

http://dazzlepod.com/lulzsec

Seriously, governments need to get their act together and put those assholes in jail.

If they’re smart and maintain their anonymity, they’ll never be caught. They have to mess up first. Usually one guy can’t resist bragging to his friends, then one of those friends tells someone else, and then the feds are knocking on the door looking to cut a deal.

If it’s actually just one guy, which is very possible, he may have the ability to keep his mouth shut.

Btw, thanks for this, Jack.

So many people, so many crappy passwords.

Doesn’t matter how crap the password is if they don’t have your username. Maybe a little, but the combination of the two being secret is what keeps you secure on a bank site, not just the password.

Just to add to this, at least I didn’t see, from the first two pages, anyone’s password being ‘password’.

I am actually surprised at how hard it would be to guess the passwords from the username.

From a quick grep, there are 132 entries that are just ‘password’, and another 15 that are a slight variation thereof (including one ‘ihatepasswords’).

Edit: What’s interesting is that the last part of the file, where the passwords are last on the line, doesn’t contain a single ‘password’ entry or the ‘writerspace’ mentioned earlier, so it seems like that part might come from a different source than the others.

132 out of 59,000+? About 1 in 500?

I guess that’s not as good as I thought it was originally.

So uhh… can anyone tell me if a search for my GFWL name brings up anything…

Not unless you’re [email protected].

Thanks.

From what I can see, lulz likes seeing their name in print and enjoys the notoriety. They’re going to keep going and make a mistake at some point.

Thanks for posting this. None of my emails are on there, thankfully.

Thank for posting the links. I’m in the clear. Scary stuff, but this is why I use different logins/passwords for game/forum/junk sites than I do for banking/commerce sites. Hopefully if someone hacks my username/password from a game developer’s site the worst they’ll be able to do is come here and post as me. Hell, that might be an improvement as far as you guys are concerned. ;-)

They are breaking laws everywhere. Eventually they will be found.

Anonymous got the short end of the stick (I doubt those arrests are the end of that investigation). I do expect the same to happen to lulz.

Those “anonymous” guys got caught because they were running a program called “low orbit ion cannon” that basically tried to access a certain website over and over with an aim to denying service to it. They didn’t run it through a proxy or through any sort of anonymizing service, they just figured that so many people were doing it that the authorities wouldn’t bother going after any of them. They weren’t hackers, botnet owners, or even script kiddies, they were just hangers-on that acted as sacrificial lambs for the real leaders. It’s kinda sad, really.

yeah, I checked for my emails as well.

Not in there, whew!

That being said, I have decided to reset all of my passwords.

I very much doubt the authorities go after people who were using LOIC, it’s a waste of resources and time. All the arrests I have seen are the people who run or own the various IRC servers.

4chan have got these guys down good.