Lunch of Kong

I’m trying to make it slightly more difficult for strangers to get access to me via social engineering. I never gave much thought to that before, but it seems only prudent now.

But, I forgot to clear this change will all of you guys first, so I’m sorry about that.

Cheers, everyone.

PAGING ALBERT WOO ALBERT WOO YOU HAVE A CALL ON THE BIG GAY RED COURTESY PHONE

It’s because of the way google treats link text. Every time you make a post, link text with your Qt3 name is linked to your Qt3 profile. Pretty soon Google will crawl over Qt3 again and it will be gone, just like Misreble Failure no longer points to the GW Bush bio on Whitehouse.org domain.

It could be worse. #4 on google for Tim Elhajj is the thread with the lovely title “How do you wipe your bottom?

Hahahah.

My name only directs to the awards I won for Directing in High School. Which is pretty good, all considering.

I don’t even Google myself any more, it’s too horrible. Although I will always have this:
http://www.yourtruehero.org/content/hero/view_hero.asp?38185

Google should offer a premium “opt-out” service where you can pay a substantial fee to not show up in any of their searches - or an even larger fee to select what shows up and what doesn’t. They’d double their revenue overnight.

Ah… I like my moniker. It does pop up 2nd on google, but nothing related to me, and several false leads :).

I discerned a long time ago never to post my real name except on private boards. Literally every stupid joke or thoughtless banter will be saved on the internet forever. That time you compared Bush to Hitler? It’s always going to be there. That time when you playfully told a fellow gamer that you were going to rape him like Nanking in Counterstrike? Immortalized in stone.

Although of course if you do become a “somebody” it won’t be hard to figure things out.

Ahahah! Awesome. I’d have loved to see your face when you first found that.

Wholly Schmidt links mostly to places where I’ve used the nickname, but coincidentally the one other person Google turns up who uses the nickname shares my actual name as well, Chris.

If it were not for Gary Whitta, I would not know what to look for in planning ahead for my future.

Now that there . . . is something.

I would totally pay to get my name removed from Google Searches. Every girl I date Googles me then I have to explain everything and tell a long story before she runs away screaming.

(It’s not what you think)

You’re so vain. You probably think this thread is about you.

Don’t you?

You gotta love it.

That is the best suggestion ever.
My real name is featured on right wing nationalist groups list of journalists that are destroying our country.
… yes I’m proud.

Your search results must be like job security, Hanzii :)

I’ve always invented a few plausible names to hide behind the nick,
and used a different one for each “field of operations”. I’ve really got six
names, but using three actively. Paranoia FTW!

I’m not sure how effectively they could remove someone’s name without bungling other non-related searches. Luckily for me, my name is obscured in Google searches by information regarding famous persons. It isn’t necessarily tabloid/slander/libel/rumor information either.

Google could also potentially lose market share as its competitors list “untampered” searches as a benefit when compared to Google.

My name is listed as the president of a gay and lesbian entertainment company :/. Apparently he’s also contributed to some video games too because he’s listed under allgame, which is a coincidence because I also work in the industry. Once I found that out I always use my middle initial when signing anything.

(…not that there’s anything wrong with that.)

I refer to this thread the next time Tom wonders why people don’t use their real names on internet forums.

Using your real name on an internet forum is so motel art.

I have tremendous respect for you right now. Sadly you’re not destroying Denmark fast enough. Put some effort into it.