Lurker thread

Hey, this lurker thread barely has any lurkers in it! What gives!

This just makes anything taste better.

I would prefer to be referred to by my given name as well, BleedTheFreak.

OK, I’ll bite. I have posted before but mostly lurk, pop out to post, and lurk again.

Media I am currently experiencing or just experienced:

• Assassin’s Creed: Origins was fun but eventually I got tired of killing people. Loved riding the desert on my camel though, and the protagonist and his wife are terrific.
  • Yakuza 0 is my first yakuza game and wow yeah I really like it. The story and characters are terrific; gangsters with a heart of gold. And I love the varied fighting styles, breakdance is my favorite. I play it on “normal” so it’s a lovely button mashy thing. Some of the side content gets a little cringy…but a) I’m an adult and b) it’s waaaay better than GTA or any of that crap.
  • I am slowly finishing Captain Toad on Switch, which is great fun in small doses. And slowly (re-)playing Half Minute Hero on Vita, also great fun in small doses.
  • Managing to get some time to play Spirit Island with my wife. We are on our first real game after a couple aborted attempts. Suuuper fun.
  • Just finished reading the Murderbot novellas (light actiony fun with some pleasantly thinky undertones) and diving into The Fractal Prince, which is the sequel to The Quantum Thief, one of my favorite books of the past several years. So far this isn’t quite as mind-blowingly terrific but I just started really.
  • My wife and I are watching the animated series Hilda on…Amazon I think? Based on the comics. The first two episodes were really fantastic, the third was OK. We’ll see.

And media I am looking forward to include Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven or whatever it’s called (the demo on Switch was terrific) and finishing Octopath and Ys so I can start Into the Breach and the million other games that sound interesting.

This. Breakfast is best.

Narrator: He is not. :)

Oh god somehow I forgot to mention Slay the Spire which has sucked up more gaming time from me than anything not named Dream Quest or Diablo.
Currently trying to best Ascension 17, 16, and 17 respectively. I have a good Silent run going though!

You tell them Patsy.

I miss that show.

So do I. It would go over like a lead balloon these days.

Well, another lurker here.

I’ve been lurking for about 8 years, although in 2016 I registered in the forum, but never found the courage to post anything basically because English it’s not my main language.

But, KristiGaines, you’ve described so well! You’ve just convinced me! I really want to get to know you guys!

So, I’ll introduce myself a little:

• Strategy (except RTS) and RPG are mainly my preferences.

• Actually playing (and loving) Dragon Quest XI (thank you Scott) and fiddling with Star Traders Frontiers.

But have you paid your dues?

@Teiman is one of our most beloved members and I assure you, I understood your post better than I do 80% of Tei’s. Then again, I sort of think that Tei is maybe just writing beautiful expressionist ESL poetry about games and life most of the time <3

DQ11 is so good! I am really thrilled to see how many folks here are digging it.

Smart choice, that one.

Very much agreed.

Welcome @Grenyes so pleased you are here!

I will steal that sentence.

I was a lurker until recently. I think I first read Tom’s articles on Fidgit that was a Syfy gaming blog? Those yearly best/worst lists were definately entertaining. Unfortunately I lost my appetite for games right around when I turned 30 so I’m glad there are other forum categories and movie podcasts. I’ve also started watching more and more horror flicks with my freed up time and that seems to be a thing around here so might as well stick around until I hopefully get back my gaming itch. And being a Star Trek/Wars fan doesn’t hurt either :)

BEST STAR TREK! GO!

Also hi, and welcome!

I impatiently await your answer.

Also, maybe you can help me with a question that’s been keeping me up at night lately: who would win a fight between the Enterprise and a star destroyer?