I want to briefly touch upon the announcement from last week regarding the notice we received from the New York Stock Exchange market, that due to our current low stock price, continued listing on the exchange, it’s partly on [ph] affecting a share consolidation or otherwise demonstrating sustained price improvement within the required timeframe. If we are not compliant with the continued listing standards or do not make progress on increasing the share price per share, the exchange may decide to initiate delisting proceedings.
At the present time, we anticipate that we will seek shareholder approval to effectuate a reverse stock split of our issued and outstanding common stock at our next annual meeting. The board is assessing which split ratio would best serve shareholders while allowing the Company to remain complaint with the Exchange’s continued listing assignments.[/quote]
We ended the quarter on December 31st with negative working capital of $11 million. This results in $41 million in current liabilities and $30 million of current assets, of which $15 million was in inventory. Although all Rock Band 4 inventory was sold prior to September 6, we did provide extended payment terms to a customer on a portion of the sales, precluding us from recognizing revenue under U.S. GAAP until the product actually sold through.
As such we recognized $2 million in net sales of Rock Band 4 products during the third quarter and we have $2.5 million of Rock Band 4 inventory remaining on our balance sheet at December 31, at its net realizable value. While we did not incur additional charges related to Rock Band 4 during the quarter, if suppliers cannot sell through at the current expected prices, we may have to take additional charges in the future related to funding additional prices adjustments at retailers in order to improve the sell through to consumers.[/quote]
Okay, and my last question is there – I mean it doesn’t – right now it doesn’t – I’m a big investor here, I mean shareholder, and I don’t see that much optimization. I have hope a year ago, when I heard the conference call, I had hope. I saw that you were going to do the restructuring but it seems like we really haven’t made that much progress. My concern is, let’s say you don’t put up the sale, so let’s say the Company doesn’t get sold. Are you going to have enough money to go to the next six months? Do you still see this as a going concern?
I think long term we will struggle. We will have a – if we don’t figure out some strategic alternatives, some additional financing, we’re looking at all different options, Q4 and Q1 are both seasonally low quarters. They typically aren’t profitable even in big years. And so you continue usually to incur losses. And so that will just add to the negative working capital. And you’d have to get cash in to rectify that. And so that will be a challenge for us. And it’s – you know why – although we started a strategic alternative process a while back, and it did – I would say we have made progress, but we started out with a really big hole. We were able to sell all the Rock Band 4 inventory, we were able to sell a product line for $13 million and that got some much-needed cash in. But again, since it didn’t correct everything, the biggest constraint is supply, and if you don’t have enough product to sell, it makes it really hard to generate profits.
And or if you don’t get the product in the timelines that you want, and you’re having to air freight it, then air freight eats into a lot of your profitability as well. And what we didn’t anticipate a year ago was just how much more of a burden Rock Bank 4 was going to be. We’ve taken about $6 million of charges, just this year on things like price protection, with retailers related to Rock Band 4. And so although we had a lot of things that I would say went our way this year, we had a lot of things that didn’t. And when you start out with a big hole, it makes it really challenging.
Right, now Karen you mentioned a couple of quarters – you said that you were very confident. You still feel that way?
I’m very confident that Mad Catz has exceptional products. And I think we proved that. Every time we put something out in the market, it gets good reviews. Where it gets placed, it gets sold. Our Tritton audio line is a great brand, particularly in Europe. Its gaining traction again in the U.S., because we’re getting more placements for it. I was hoping for a much better holiday quarter not unlike I’m sure the rest of the ambassadors were, of which I’m also a shareholder. And so I’m incredibly disappointed with the Q3 and the profitability. It should have been – we needed that to be profitable quarter. So I’m still optimistic that we’ve got good products. I think, we’ve got good things. We’re looking at lots of different strategic alternatives. And so I’m still optimistic that there is a path forward. But probably a little bit less optimistic than maybe I would have been six months ago.
Okay, Karen do you see, this is just [indiscernible]. Do you see is that – do you think that there’s a chance that we could go along without being sold. Is there any hope with that or do you see really like the end of – the sales is going to be probably – what’s going to be the final thing. So do you see any – like we can continue without selling the company?
I mean we will – unless we get some type of financing or there’s some other way to get cash into the Company. I think that becomes a little bit more difficult, because our ability to raise capital is very limited, also because the market cap has been suppressed so much. We haven’t sold any shares under the ATM. And doing nothing, which is why we have a process to look at strategic alternatives, I don’t think would be prudent, because I do think you just can’t continue to expect manufacturers to ship products without making payments as they become due.[/quote]
That final exchange is pretty amazing.