Mafia 3 - More RICO antics

Patch out now that adds clothing options and some fixes.

Note that the clothing works like Mafia 2, not like GTA V. You don’t get to mix and match clothing. They’re set outfits.

Also, they don’t show up in the prerendered cutscenes.

Ok, that’s just bullshit.

Well, the way they did it - prerendered movies - they’d either have to upload nine full versions of the same cinematics with different Marcus clothing, or overhaul the system to realtime in-engine cutscenes. Sucks.

yep. Still bullshit though. Hate it when games do this. Even Witcher 3 had few prerendered ones so I preferred to use default outfits.

Sounds like the story and characters are good, but the repetition makes the game overstay its welcome. I really don’t like the repetition in the Assassin’s Creed series, but I think this story and world would pull me in more than that one.

For what it’s worth, I was never able to make it more than halfway through an Assassin’s Creed game, but finished this and would easily return for (hasf-decent) DLC.

Venture Beat have published a Mafia 3 postmortem, featuring interviews with Haden Blackman and Bill Harms.

When the game came out in October, players complained about bugs and problems with gameplay. But they loved the story about Lincoln Clay, a mixed-race Vietnam veteran who goes after the Italian mob in a fictional version of New Orleans in 1968, during the height of racial and war tensions in the United States. I played the game all the way through, and had mixed emotions about the execution. The story was powerful and unflinching in its depiction of racism in the Deep South, but it was hard to like many aspects of the gameplay. I caught up with the team’s leaders for a postmortem.

Mafia III’s creators are proud of what they accomplished, which some have described as a cultural milestone for games. But they acknowledge they hit both limits and trade-offs as they brought their game to the finish line.

Has any of the Season Pass content been announced?

Oh, yes. Kudos for them being one of the studios that clearly stated what’s coming well before launch.

That is pretty impressive, think I am gonna bite on the GMG deal.

I keep staring at that one as well. Then I remember I’d also like Dishonored 2, Hitman, Deus Ex, and Shadow Warrior 2! I’m not sure how to prioritize these.

Errant Signal released a spoiler filled analysis of Mafia 3.

I decided to hold off on Mafia 3, you know its gonna drop even more, maybe even by the winter sale!

You make too much sense lordkosc. :-)

In addition to the races and car customisation, Hangar 13 have added general visual fixes, performance optimisation, and improved the AI with this update.

No the enemies aren’t any smarter from what I saw last night. Testing it out post patch produced the same conga line of stupid in a hostile area.

And the framerate still sucks.
Waiting continues.

Aim assist defaults to high on normal difficulty. Is it recommended to use this when using a controller? I suppose I can just turn it off and turn it back on if I can shoot anyone.

So far it’s not too bad with the assist off.

Man, I love the environments they put together even more than San Francisco in Watch Dogs 2. They also use music to a great effect - I like how they’re using real recordings too.I’m still very early in - I just finished the original mission the game started with before it gets sidetracked. I imagine it’s going to open up a bit after this point. Like usual, I’ll probably focus on the main story as much as I can.

The only minor complaint I have so far is sometimes cover can be a little sticky and it can be annoying to try and get around a corner in cover.