VIDEO MEMORY: 4GB

HD: 50GB (free space)[/quote]

Mafia 3 Rivals announced.

It’s a mobile game.

https://mafiagame.com/rivals/

New gameplay trailer:

Pre-load has begun on Steam.

Also, might as well post this video:

So 2K, which has a decent track record of sending out review copies to gaming press early, has decided NOT to make Mafia III available for reviews until release.

That’s a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad sign. I was hugely interested in this game, but my hype levels have fallen to zero on it now.

I hope it’s good. I’ll buy it if so. But I am so, so glad I didn’t do anything dumb like preordering it. This has the whiff of being an absolutely bomb to it now.

It’s not particularly reassuring, sure, but there are notable exceptions: Doom, Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, Dying Light, and The Division, all didn’t send out review copies until launch and turned out to be pretty successful. At least it’s not a totally unknown quantity, since the major gaming outlets recently spent hours of hands-on time with the game.

Fair point, Senor Tibbs. I shall step in from the Mafia 3 ledge.

Still, as a great man once said, “Asps. Very dangerous. You go first.”

Considering that there are literally dozens hours of footage of the game out, I doubt 2K are trying to hide anything. More like they just don’t want couple inevitable bad reviews (let’s remember that stupids at EG gave Mafia 1 and Mafia 2 both 4/10) soiling the game’s reputation even before it comes out. Doom had no reviews pre-release and was better than anyone expected. From what I have seen of the game, I also expect it to be great.

No early review copies, but 2K was totally cool sending out preview builds to a bunch of Youtubers.

According to Angry Joe, 2K brought the game to him on a “mobile PS4 under 2 layers of lock and key when they were traveling around to various outlets who couldn’t make it to their HQ [last month’s preview event].”

I know it doesn’t matter to me, but for the people that care about these things, Mafia 3 is using Arxan on PC, which is the same anti-tamper software used by GTA V.

Oh, WTF?

Are reviews coming out today?

Five posts up, there are no review copies going out until release.

EDIT: sounds like folks are getting review copies on release eve (today)…but like Telefrog notes, be wary of reviews in the next day too.

I’m sure some will, but I would cast a side eye to any reviews popping up today or tomorrow. No one has officially had a review copy supplied to them until now.

I know some people have gotten retail copies early via broken street dates, but I haven’t seen any of the big sites or reputable streamers in that seat.

30fps lock would be so bizzare I think it must be some kind of dumb oversight.

But then Haden Blackman’s previous game, ubershitty hack and slash Force Unleashed, was also locked to 30fps.

Oh boy, reading on nGAF and STEAM.

The Steam reviews are off to a great start. 24℅ positive

There is apparently no texture setting option. 1 texture level for all!

Meanwhile I started replaying Mafia 2 in 4K at 60fps. Still looks stunning. Best car physics in a city action game. And the dialogue and banter is great :p

As someone who bought Mafia 3 already, and on uk.gamesplanet.com (so no refund for me), I really hope Hanger 13 gets their shit together and fixes this.

Ugh. I so want this to be good, but this doesn’t bode well. Thank goodnesss Planet Coaster unlocks tonight; it’ll give me something to play while I wait for the verdict on the PC port of M3.