Mafia - Got it?

I’d just like to point out that Mafia is from the same people who did Flying Heroes. So there.

-Tom

Bah.Mafia is just Quake with Dons.

I’d just like to point out that Mafia is from the same people who did Flying Heroes. So there.

And Hidden & Dangerous.

…I don’t get it, however.

Don’t like it. It is like gta3, but the play feels more limited - you have to worry about fuel and the physics are a little stiffer - it’s just not as fun as the over-the-top play of gta3.

Also: following Chet’s little “put the best features of the game in the first 15 minutes” rule, I’d like to point out that I spent the first fifteen minutes watching cutscenes that turned out to be logos for the various game companies involved. Not good.

/jeep/

I really don’t understand how this game got such positive reviews. For the entire four hours I put into the game, I was alternating between bored and annoyed.

Great concept, great production values, but unless your idea of great gameplay is interactive cutscenes… then pass.

This masterpiece finally got released digitally after being absent for 5 years. The price? Missing licensed music. But it can be super easily restored.

The game:

The music:

Some screens with draw distance mod:

Not true actually :)
Flying Heroes were made by Pterodon who did Vietcong, it is a different team and different people than those that did Mafia. There was some personel overlap between Mafia and Hidden and Dangerous, although Mafia had different game director and most leads.

ps: of course the last post in the thread from 15 years ago is wumpus complaining about the game, haha

Hell of a thread necro, Paul!

I don’t think I’ve ever checked, but does the version of Mafia on Steam still have the music? I got it a long time ago when it was available, but its not been on sale for a good while.

I pre ordered Mafia 2 years ago and one of the pre order Bonus is having Mafia 1 in Steam. But they don’t have it for sale as far as I recall. Happy to see that the people in GOG is bringing it back.

I searched for “Mafia” and this thread title seemed most apt :)

Afaik Mafia on Steam does have the licensed music in it.
GOG version also has the original soundtrack, but the Django etc stuff has to be re-added.

This is one game where I enjoyed the intro soundtrack very much. Thanks for the necro, I just downloaded and listened to it!

The whole soundtrack is beautiful. My personal favourite compositions are Calm and Fate