Mafia: Trilogy, including full remake of masterpiece Mafia: City of Lost Heaven

Haha. To my credit, I’m on a phone screen and can’t make out facial details.

It looks like Mafia 3’s getting a new patch. Curious to see if there’s any significant changes.

https://steamdb.info/app/360430/history/

Changelog:

• added “definitive edition” marking to main menu
  • added “2K Account Not Linked” banner to gameplay unless player gives 2K his information

Any bets? :/

Official announcement:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200519005131/en/

Combined, the critically acclaimed Mafia crime dramas have sold-in more than 18 million units worldwide. Now, for the first time on modern consoles, experience all three entries of the revered action-adventure series together in one definitive organized crime saga. Mafia: Trilogy includes:

• Mafia: Definitive Edition – The built-from-the-ground-up remake of the beloved classic;
  • Mafia II: Definitive Edition – The ultra HD remaster of the fan favorite;
  • Mafia III: Definitive Edition – The re-introduction of the award-winning narrative masterpiece.

Players who purchase Mafia: Trilogy digitally prior to August 28 will be able to access Mafia II: Definitive Edition and Mafia III: Definitive Edition immediately on PlayStation® 4, Xbox One, and Steam, and will be able to download Mafia: Definitive Edition as soon as it becomes available on August 28. The Mafia: Trilogy physical edition will release in full on August 28, and is currently only planned for release in select EMEA and Asia regions. (For full release details, please refer to the Mafia: Trilogy fact sheet.)

Mafia: Definitive Edition , Mafia II: Definitive Edition , and Mafia III: Definition Edition are also available for purchase individually. The Definitive Editions for Mafia II and Mafia III are available today within the Mafia: Trilogy and as standalone purchases on Xbox One, PlayStation® 4, and PC via Steam, and will be coming to the Epic Games Store and Stadia at a later date . Both Mafia II: Definitive Edition and Mafia III: Definitive Edition feature all original bonus add-on content , plus completely remastered 4K compatible visuals for Mafia II .

Mafia: Definitive Edition – the centerpiece of the collection – launches August 28 as a comprehensive, rebuilt-from-the-ground-up remake of the original Mafia , complete with an updated script filled with rich new dialogue, expanded backstories, and additional cutscenes; all-new gameplay sequences and features; the same stellar game engine that powered Mafia III ’s best-in-class cinematics; and other enhancements. It’s the Mafia players remember, only much more.

So it seems they are not in fact going to be showing anything new from the Mafia 1 remake today. What a god damn disappointment.

Except Mafia II: Definitive Edition is not on Steam. My existing Steam copy of Mafia II has been renamed “Mafia II (Classic)” - but the original is still just “Mafia”. “Mafia III” is now the “Definitive Edtion” though.

Well the good news is that if you already owned 2 or 3 on Steam, you get free copies of the DE versions.

That’s awesome, I’m pretty sure I own both.

This is confusing. I see that I have a Mafia II (Classic) and a Mafia III (Definitive) editions in my Steam library. Looks like there is also a Mafia II (Definitive) edition available for $29.99 in the store, which it says is already in my library, but I don’t see it there. Maybe I need to give it time to show up?

Restart steam, for me it appeared now and I have both classic and definitive Mafia 2.

And definitive Mafia 3. Which downloaded 14GB and the only thing it added is couple extra graphical options in the menu and possibility to disable launcher. Otherwise it looks and plays identical.

I own Mafia 1 (still have original CD), Mafia 2 & 3 on Steam.

So on Steam, Mafia 1 Definitive is €39.99, Mafia 2 & 3 are €29.99 each (but you get them if you have the originals). There is no bundle for the full trilogy.

I would love to play 1 again remastered, but release price is a bit steep. I’ll think I’ll wait for the inevitable sales a few months down the line.

Wow, no discount for the original Mafia remake at all for original owners?

I played the first Mafia for the first time the other day and WOW yeah it needs a remake, if even for the controls.

But $40? Hahahahahhaha yeah okay.

I had the same problem, so I went into the store and searched for Mafia 2 Definitive and it says Already In Your Steam Library. Clicking on Play now starts the installation process. Cancel before it starts and presto, it’s now in your Steam Library. Just normal Steam shenanigans.

No, but it’s being completely remade from the ground up.

Nice to get free definitive editions of Mafia 2 and 3 for existing owners.

Guess so - I just restarted the Steam client as @Paul_cze suggested and there it was. Just a timing issue, maybe.

Fixed it for ya. Mafia 3 has nothing new.

It is a completely remade game from scratch. All new assets, voice acting, re-recorded and expanded sountrack, new missions, expanded story. From how they describe it, it should cost 60 bucks for everyone and it would still be perfectly fair price - assuming it lives up to their claims (screens seem to back them up). And apparently all four Hangar 13 studios worked on it for the last few years.

They fucked up a lot of stuff about this whole announcement and stuff, but pricing Mafia 1 Remake is not one of them.

Poor Vito, in the process of remastering he became crosseyed :(

(yes, remastered is on the left, original on the right)