MAGA hats are now the same as Nazi armbands

Ah posting commentary from a comedian who calls people who disagree with him vermin for laughs, what a salutary stand against the rise of divisive hatred in politics.

What we need is more civility toward people who are OK with sticking children in cages!

If he was only doing that I don’t have a propblem with it.

I’m just so very tired of the Brexit Trump comparison. It’s so overdone, generally by people who don’t care about facts or solving problems but instead care about scoring points and worsening division. Stewart Lee is one of those people, you’re either with him or he feels free to call you vermin.

Yeah , Stuart lee is a comedian who I would just love to edit. He says the same thing and stretches it out far far too long.

And yes brexit is different. Still wrong in my mind, but I happily chat with Brexitters often (half my family). I cant talk to Trump supporters (half my in laws family).

Fair enough, I’m not familiar with his work.

You know how it is said that people on forums can’t change your mind? Well I originally said

Well, I’ll agree now that wearing the hat is a sign of tacit racism at the very least. Okay. Fine.

But. Is it acceptable to assault MAGA hat wearers?

Not yet. But soon, very very soon!

Only verbally.

I prefer the one finger salute.

Nationals fan here. Same deal.

I haven’t actually thrown out my previously-purchased red hats yet, but it’s almost impossible to imagine a scenario where I’d wear one outside.