Maggie's Ok

My wife is allergic to penicillin as well. I’ve been trying to talk her into a medical bracellet just in case something happens to her while I’m on a business trip. Me, I’m just allergic to Sulfa based drugs (the typical hives reaction. Holy crap, those suck), but they’re rarely prescribed these days. They were first prescribed to me by a doctor at one of those emergency medical places. He felt that penicillin was being used too much, so he gives me sulfa. Couple of hours later I’m in the emergency room going crazy from the hives.

When I was a kid, I had a severe reaction to eggs. Anything with egg yokes in it would trigger a major asthma-like reaction. Luckily, I grew out of that one.

Now that you mention it, I think they offered us something like this. I guess I was thinking it would be less tramatic if I held him through it. Wrong! Clearly a newbie dad mistake. We both ended up scared. ;)

Now that you mention it, I think they offered us something like this. I guess I was thinking it would be less tramatic if I held him through it. Wrong! Clearly a newbie dad mistake. We both ended up scared. ;)[/quote]

I fell down and smacked my forehead when I was about 5, ran up to the house crying, blood running down my face (these details are being added post-production, as I don’t actually remember the incident at all) and my father, the DDS, slapped me on the kitchen table and stitched me up right then and there. Heh. I’ve got a nice scar. :)

Bub, I’m sorry, I too missed the thread earlier. But thank goodness she’s OK…really glad to hear it.

Now that you mention it, I think they offered us something like this. I guess I was thinking it would be less tramatic if I held him through it. Wrong! Clearly a newbie dad mistake. We both ended up scared. ;)[/quote]

Heh – my take was that I didn’t want to be responsible for any scar (he has one anyway) so I told the doctor to do what he thought best.

When I was a kid, I had a severe reaction to eggs. Anything with egg yokes in it would trigger a major asthma-like reaction.

My wife had a similar reaction, and hasn’t eaten eggs since, unless it was something like cake with egg-whites baked in, but no yokes. She’s probably out-grown it, too, but we’ll never know, as she doesn’t touch the stuff, anyway.