Magic: The Gathering Arena - Another MtG video game

These new “daily sales” in the store are working on me. I’m running through a great deal of my gold buying stupid card sleeves and avatars.

Yesterday’s sale was that awesome psychedelic card sleeve (“Serum Visions”) for like 2000 gold, today it’s the Kaya avatar…only 200 gold, so that’s a pretty great deal.

I’m being manipulated, and it’s working really well.

I jumped on the Kaya avatar even though I doubt I’ll ever use it, I’m too fond of my Aurelia avatar. At only 200g, though. I couldn’t resist. So I suspect they are testing the waters to get a sense of what the market is willing to tolerate, price-wise.

I’ll buy all the avatars and card sleeves on sale.

I would probably pay to have those ugly-ass “card styles” just turned off of my account entirely.

Look what Arena added for Brawl! It’s my favorite Frog Horror.

Hey, we can DM our friends list now.

Coming soon: Cube drafts!

This is pretty cool. They’re moving FNM to Arena.

And they’re linking in the local game stores via social media, which is a nice touch.

That’s quite a few changes. Biggest news…live drafts.

Ikoria is live. “PlayIkoria” for your three free packs. Live drafts and new deckbuilder functionality, too.

The emails have gone out with stats from the Theros:Beyond Death timeframe.

Got mine as well…I might be an addict.

It’s definitely got its hooks deep in me:

Dunno if this is a one-day thing, or every day, or what, but get it while it lasts:

In the store under daily deals. 500 gems if you have 2000 gold, or if you’re out of gold you can get a free 100 gems with the 400 gem price.

So the June State of the Game is out, and it’s a pretty good one. Core 2021 hits tomorrow, Jump/Start drops in July, Amonkhet Remastered comes to Historic in August. Brawl is now free and always available. Oh, and a Mac client tomorrow for those who care about such things. Some really nice updates.

Hah, the Mac client is EGS exclusive. I was excited about dipping my toes back in for a second and they found literally the most unlikely way to disappoint me. Guess it’s back to waiting for iOS.

(The circuitous route it takes for this to be a problem for me are definitely me-specific. I just literally laughed out loud when I read the article, given how long I’ve been waiting for a Mac client.)

I may even play some Arena again with M21! Sounds fun. Wasn’t a big fan of the bit of Ikoria I dipped my toes into.

FYI: clear out your quests today, because we get a whole new set tomorrow.

If anyone is playing FNM on Arena and wants swag codes, please let me know. I have more than I can use. (I’m supposed to see a screenshot of your FNM results and then I give you a code each week).

Well, I haven’t been really, but I’ll start. It’s mostly deck sleeves and card styles right?

Correct. There was a pet for preordering Ikoria though. 😊

M21 is live and my Teferi mill deck is online, muahahaha!

‘PlayM21’ is the code.