Magic: The Gathering Arena - Another MtG video game

Working on a Bard Class/legendaries deck (Drizzt, of course), and I have to immediately try out the new mill cards with Tasha’s Hideous Laughter.

Haven’t messed with the dungeon stuff yet…seems fun, but awful slow.

Got in a couple of Forgotten Realms sealed over the weekend. 4-3 with black-green in a fairly weak pool, and 7-2 with black-red with much better card choices. In both cases the clear MVP was Reaper’s Talisman - that’s the front-runner for mythic uncommon in this format in my book. I think I only lost one game in which I got that thing out and equipped it. Other general sealed impressions - the fixing in the format is terrible, stick to two colors if at all possible unless you’re making a whole lot of treasure. Dragons are crazy strong, almost any one of them is a bomb. Venturing into the dungeon is only a significant factor if you can reliably repeat it (mostly white cards). There’s a lot of good artifacts and enchantments out there with very little removal available, maindeck anything along those lines in your colors. And of course, D20 rolling is going to annoy you by giving your opponent crits while sticking you with the under-10 rolls. :)

I have only played alot of sealed/draft in Magic Arena with Strixhaven and now Forgotten Realms. It’s interesting, I thought Sealed in Strixhaven was 10x more fun. There was alot of interesting combos, multi-coloured cards, and so on that made each deck feel interesting. Forgotten Realms seems much more vanilla.

On the other hand, I am seeing more variety playing Draft in Forgotten Realms as there isn’t clearly superior colour options like there was in Strixhaven (at least that’s my impression).

Yeah, there was only support in Strixhaven for five color combinations: white/black, red/white, red/blue, blue/green and green/black. Not the case in Forgotten Realms.

I think that’s intentional. Forgotten Realms is taking the summer “core set” spot in the MTG set rotation, which is supposed to be less complex and more new-player-friendly than the “advanced sets” that come out at other times in the year. This one still has more than prior core sets, particularly with dungeon venturing, but they did still try to keep the complexity down a bit.

Good news if you’re playing Standard 2022…Book of Exalted Deeds is banzored from that queue.

So I’ve had the itch to play again after a long while (90s) and jumped in to Arena about two weeks ago.

I finished all the color challenges to unlock the mono color decks and the following days of daily’s to unlock the two color pre built decks for a total of 10 or so pre built free decks.

With today’s patch it seemingly awarded another two color deck of the same name/theme with maybe a few different cards in it?

Now i have two decks of the same name in my collection for every color combo. Does anyone know what this means? Can I remove one since they seem to be the same deck?

You can remove them all if you want to. The free cards stay in your collection regardless.

You joined the day the game is starting to transition from one year’s standard to another! With the change in legal sets, they had to come up with 10 new free decks. But this is good news, as it means more free cards for you.

The latest patch rollout has been awful, lots of system instability and crashes. But every cloud…

Claimed, thanks!

Thanks, @ineffablebob!

Code: SCALEUP gets you 3000 XP.

(Also, the Midweek Magic event gets you 3000 more this week…don’t even need wins).

I have extra midweek magic codes if anyone needs them.

Midnight Hunt is live. The usual 3-packs-code: PLAYMID

Thank you!

Also code BORROWEDTIME gets you 4k xp, since they forgot to reset the weekly wins thing.

Thanks, that worked as well!

Although it might not hurt to wait a few hours, there are people reporting weird blank-card bugs.

Yeah, I find it’s best to wait a couple of hours for the rush to pass. They always seem to have a few weird bugs in the first hour or two that I imagine are related to stressed infrastructure.