Mailorder houses in the UK that ship to the USA?

Does anyone know of any? I’ve used Gameplay two or three times, and like their service, but am looking for some games they don’t currently have in stock. (Play does, but doesn’t ship to the USA.)

Thanks!

Peter

Have you tried Amazon.co.uk? I get Region 2 DVDs from them all the time, although I have no idea what their game selection is like.

Alas, no. Amazon UK won’t ship software to the US.

Peter

try http://www.reserve.co.uk

From back in the day - http://www.interactcd.com/ - used to sell imports, not sure if they still do.

Chet

Yes they do. They charge an arm and a leg for it, but they do - because my dear old mum sent me some stuff the expensive way instead of doing it from amazon in the U.S.

www.gameplay.co.uk will for about £5 postage. I’ve used them a few times, always fast and they’ll actually respond to e-mail questions!

I just saw that softwarefirst has gone out of operation.

That’s too bad.

Yes they do. They charge an arm and a leg for it, but they do - because my dear old mum sent me some stuff the expensive way instead of doing it from amazon in the U.S.[/quote]

I’m just going by the notice that is linked to every PC game I’ve called up there:

"Amazon.co.uk can deliver software, PC and video games and toys to the following countries:

European Union Countries: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Spain, Sweden and UK
Additional countries: Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway and Switzerland"

Peter

Hmmm - maybe they just paid no attention when my mum sent over some dvds, there may be some stupid legal reason for all this of course, related to the region encoding nonsense that I detest so much.

This having different copyright laws everywhere is a pain. The world is just getting too small for it…

The hell with that. I want to see the day when free trade is directly applied to the movie and music industries.

Well, you know, I quite like our copyright laws. I don’t know how well they would go over in the US, however.

Amazon.co.uk has always shipped DVDs to the U.S. It’s only computer software and video games they won’t ship.