Mainstream Media

Thanks, that is a better way to frame it.

Dear CNN,

Please stop inviting Kellyanne Conway on your channel.

Thanks, Dan

Don’t watch CNN.

I just finished an audiobook last night on the way home so this morning I tried out MSNBC and CNN on Sirius again.

MSNBC - Stephanie Ruhle (who I normally really like) seemed to be defending the VA nominee because she too would likely be drunk knocking on a colleague’s door on a long out of town trip. I guess being a reporter carries the same gravitas and responsibility as the head of the VA should? Then later they were talking about how Trump seemed to be living up to his promise that he wouldn’t run his company, leaving it to his sons.

CNN - I switched over to CNN after the Ron Jackson stuff and they were talking about what Melania wore for the dinner with Macron. Then how she planned everything herself and they started giving detailed descriptions of what china they used for it (a mix of Clinton & Bush era dishes).

So yeah, mainstream media is still right on top of how utterly horrible and disgusting our government is right now.

24-hour news is such a cancer.

Half of Republicans are fucking morons.

What else is new?

*inB4 @ArmandoPenblade does a ‘fixed that for you’ quote

Awww, my fun, you took it :(

This is how I pictured you saying that.

I know that the numbers of people self-identifying as Republicans has dropped, but holy shit. More Republicans think the media is the enemy of the people than think it’s important to a Democracy.

Holy shit.

It’s totally bizarre to me that a complete fucking moron can have this kind of impact on one political party.

It wasn’t one guy; the Republicans have been sinking into the swamp for a generation – there have been proto-Trumps in the House Republican caucus since the Contract with America. Also, at the start of the 2016 cycle, both the Russians and the Mercers were casting about for a candidate willing to run as an out-and-out racist; Trump is an instrument of those guys.

Faced with an administration* and a president* dedicated to poisoning both the spirit and the institutions of free government, and faced with an administration* and a president* dedicated only to looting those institutions that it cannot destroy, the representatives of the elite political media, through the woman at the head of their formal association, Margaret Talev, have determined that bowing to the fauxtrage aimed at a comedian on behalf of the administration*’s paid liar is the proper way to respond to the weekend’s festivities. The commitment to a free press is not common to this nation’s people any more, if it ever was, and it damn sure doesn’t have any fans in this administration*. Anyone who thinks that “a vigorous and free press” and “honoring civility” are equally desirable goals doesn’t love the former enough to deserve the latter.

Nothing about Joy Reid and her time traveling hackers?

What a wankpuffin

This saga should go in the thread about liberal stupidity.

Yeah I dont know Joy Reid whether she is in the right or left, but the old “the dog ate my homework” style excuse about “hackers” seems pretty flimsy. Just woman up and say you posted that shit and you are sorry about it, if you are.