Majority Whip Rep. Steve Scalise and others shot at GOP ballgame

The way non-insane people deal with this is through the ballot box or via protest. Our elected representatives should not be afraid of being murdered for doing their jobs.

I’m pretty sure we all agree 100%. Unfortunately, there’s a significant gap between what should be and what is.

It could be very strongly argued they’re NOT doing their jobs.

They shouldn’t be shot for that either.

The only surprise is that more politicians aren’t shot at more often, considering the number of guns and the number of nuts.

Apparently they’re calling the gun in SF an assault pistol.

“Quit trying to make ‘assault pistol’ happen.”

Thanks, Rand!

A comedian on late night TV told me the Republicans are tyrants.

Good enough for me!

Good lord. Don’t get me wrong; there are some “pistols” that are a hair away from being submachine guns, but yeah.

Turns out that second amendment solutions can be applied to anyone. Egalitarian!

David Duke can go ahead and fuck himself.

Dr David Duke. Ha.

But not his supporters when they’re making death threats against HIS political opponent. That’s just made up.

He’s always been an asshole.

See this gem of his after @Nesrie posted a story about the death of a black teen. (The Black Lives Matter movement - #294 by Malathor)

If the shooter had survived he would deserve spending the rest of his life in a Supermax. With that said I don’t I feel a shred of sympathy for Scalise. When you vote to take away healthcare from millions of people then you deserve whatever karma throws your way.

And to hell with every right wing talking head that has spent years stoking hatred towards liberals with vile shit like this (taken from the Gabrielle Giffords shooting thread here at QT3) (Arizona Congresswoman Shot)

Rush Limbaugh: “I tell people don’t kill all the liberals. Leave enough so we can have two on every campus – living fossils – so we will never forget what these people stood for.”

Senator Phil Gramm: “We’re going to keep building the party until we’re hunting Democrats with dogs.”

Rep. James Hansen on Bill Clinton: Get rid of the guy. Impreach him, censure him, assassinate him."

John Derbyshire intimated in the National Review that because Chelsea Clinton had “the taint,” she should “be killed.”

Ann Coulter: “We need to execute people like John Walker in order to physically intimidate liberals, by making them realize that they can be killed, too.”

Ann Coulter: “My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times building.”

Bill O’Reilly: “All those clowns over at the liberal radio network, we could incarcerate them immediately. Will you have that done, please? Send over the FBI and just put them in chains.”

Republicans to base: it’s OK to shoot libtards.

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/874963527571820544

I love Rick for taking on Trump and his supporters but I’m really tired of the false equivalency card being played here by him and others online. Only one political party has the backing of a propaganda cable news channel and thousands of radio stations to toe the party line and demonize the other party. If you’re going to dish out hate you better be fucking prepared to have it served right back at you.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/337818-dem-lawmakers-receive-phone-calls-saying-you-guys-are-next

It really does show how confused we are when we think someone deserves to be shot for removing an unsustainable federal subsidy for health insurance premiums. Literally Hitler.

(Yes, I know Congress broke it in the first place and the guilty parties deserve a spanking, but it’s a decades-old problem.)

/heading to my Internet bunker

Your absurdo is showing through your reductium.

JMR, your bias is pathetic. It’s like the new “I’m not racist, but [racist comment]” except your version is “violence is always bad but [violence justified]”. This nutjob just tried to massacre leaders of the nation. And you think that’s excusable?

But yes, lets blame the Right, because leaders on the Left have never said questionable things. Except for Kaine, Lynch, Bernie, WPost… (Wait, who did this nutjob support?)

What’s happening is the big-time politicians are playing a dangerous game right now to sway people that the election was false, fake, illegitimate, etc. They’re using extreme statements and stories to push the narrative. The Left knows there’s no there, there, but they have to play their game. But their followers aren’t part of the politics so they hear the extremes and take it at face value. Combine that with some lunacy to begin with, and here we are.

Video recorded at the scene during the shooting. The victims are in the distance/off-camera, no blood or gore, but screaming can be heard.

Shots ring out for several minutes.