Majority Whip Rep. Steve Scalise and others shot at GOP ballgame

Nancy Pelosi responds:

“I think that the comments made by my Republican colleagues are outrageous, beneath the dignity of the job that they hold, beneath the dignity of the respect that we would like Congress to command. How dare they say such thing? How dare they? Well I won’t even go into the whole thing. I can’t even begin, probably as we sit here, they’re running caricatures of me in Georgia once again, earned over a hundred million dollars of vitriolic things that they say, that resulted in calls to my home constantly, threats in front of my grandchildren. Really, predicated on their comments and their paid ads. So this sick individual does something despicable and it was horrible what he did, hateful. But for them to all of a sudden be sanctimonious as if, they don’t, never seen such a thing before. And I don’t even want to go into the President of the United States. But in terms of some of the language that he has used.”

he was a wily one

This group makes me sick. It’s the same group that claimed racism didn’t exist until Obama stirred the pot. Well I’ve got news for this old asshole. Racism never went anywhere.

I like how the unity lasted less than 24 hours this time.

If that’s true, what exaggerated description can I use of Fox News – ‘Virtually created by itself the divided political climate’?

But, you know, I’m the asshole for suggesting anyone who’d actually vote for that cunt is, themselves, also a cunt. I call it my Causal-Cunt Theorem, and it’s very well developed.

Steve King is disgusting.

I wouldn’t mind if he and a couple others were sacrificed.

God, I fucking hate King.

Just a reminder that his political opponent dropped out because of death threats from his scum supporters and he claims it’s all made up.

It sounds like Scalise was in much worse shape than initially reported. Doctors said he arrived with imminent risk of death. I remember reports that morning that he was awake and joking with his wife. Maybe they put that out there so people would feel better.

Or both statements are true and we just got the wrong impression.

It sounds like you’re advocating violence. Maybe I’m misinterpreting your comments.

I think he’s merely reminding us that the president told us the 2nd amendment is a thing.

I meant deposed by voters at the next chance due to their despicable stances but that’s unlikely.

Ah. I see it. Thanks.

Sounds like they had some kind of post surgical complication. Some of what I read was that at some point they had a respiratory stoppage, so something caused him to stop breathing for a period of time, possibly long enough to cause major problems.

Honestly, I recognize this isn’t nice, but I don’t feel sorry bad for him. You reap what you sow.

Did this guy deserve to get killed? Maybe. He certainly had a gross disregard for the lives of millions of people. He was a shitty person.

Don’t get me wrong, he was not a Nazi. I certainly do not advocate doing physical harm to people like him. If the shooter had survived, I would support capital punishment for committing such a terrorist act.

But I still don’t feel a lot of empathy for Scalise. I don’t feel particularly good about my lack of empathy, but I’m just being honest here.

Violence right now at least is not going to help the cause of getting rid of these guys- I think we can all agree on that.

That said, I do think we’re two steps away right now (those two steps are pretty huge, though one may occur soon) from the edge being destroyed

• Here’s what I consider to be those two steps:
  1. The ruling party puts itself clearly above the law. (Already happened in my state, and nationally it Trump fires Mueller and the investigation is quashed with no resistance from Congress- that fills step 1)

2. Rigging of Election Results- this one will likely occur at a state level, it can’t happen nationally. If there’s a wide discrepancy between polling data and results, and it seems concentrated in particular states, then I would believe the election is stolen. If this happens- a military coup would need to happen to restore democracy, as democracy has been destroyed.

I think #2 is more likely then people think. I mean, the NCGA at one point was considering just declaring the governor’s election in dispute and declaring McCrory the winner.

My fear is that the military would be on the side of the rigged election, and would enforce it rather than cause a coup.

If this is the case then we’ve already lost- however in such a scenario Trumpism and the Republicans are very unpopular.
Also, if it gets to this point, odds are enough law enforcement has switched sides and declared the new government the more legitimate one, which will make it easier for the military.

There is an even worse case scenario- the military starts fighting each other, but I think this is unlikely.